Table of Contents
Oddsmakers don’t expect the Colorado Rockies (64-86), at -160 on the moneyline, to end their four-game losing streak when they play the San Diego Padres (83-67), at -160, on Friday at 8:10 PM ET. San Diego’s Sean Manaea and Colorado’s Ryan Feltner will start this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Padres vs. Rockies
- Game Day: Friday, September 23, 2022
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Denver, Colorado
- Stadium: Coors Field
Padres Stats & Trends
- The Padres rank 20th in MLB action with 143 home runs. They average 1.0 per game.
- The Padres rank 18th in the majors with a .240 batting average.
- The Padres’ .317 on-base percentage ranks ninth-best in baseball.
- The Padres strike out 8.1 times per game to rank 10th in baseball.
- The Padres average 0.9 homers per road game this season (72 total away from home).
- The Padres have a .394 slugging percentage and are averaging 3.1 extra-base hits per game on the road.
- The club averages 8.7 hits per game and is batting .249 on the road this season.
Padres Key Batters
- Manny Machado has 158 hits to go with a slugging percentage of .533, both of which are best among San Diego hitters this season.
- Among all qualifying hitters in baseball, Machado ranks 15th in batting average, 18th in on-base percentage, and eighth in slugging.
- Juan Soto leads San Diego with an OBP of .404 this season while batting .241 with 128 walks and 87 runs scored.
- Soto is 99th in batting average, third in on-base percentage and 49th in slugging among qualifying hitters.
- Josh Bell is batting .271 with a .434 slugging percentage and 68 RBI this year.
- Jurickson Profar has 15 home runs, 58 RBI and a batting average of .237 this season.
Rockies Stats & Trends
- The Rockies have hit 136 homers this season, which ranks 23rd in the league.
- The Rockies’ .256 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking sixth in MLB.
- The Rockies are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking eighth with an OBP of .318.
- The Rockies are one of the most disciplined teams at the plate this season, ranking ninth with an average of 8.0 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 1.2 home runs per game in their 78 home contests this season.
- In 78 home games this season, they’re slugging .459 with 261 hits going for extra bases.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .284 with 9.8 base hits per contest.
Rockies Key Batters
- C.J. Cron has put up a team-high slugging percentage (.488) while pacing the Rockies in hits (146).
- Including all the qualified players in the big leagues, Cron’s batting average places him 47th, his on-base percentage ranks 71st, and he is 18th in slugging.
- Charlie Blackmon is batting .261 with 21 doubles, six triples, 16 home runs and 30 walks.
- Blackmon is currently 64th in batting average, 105th in on-base percentage and 77th in slugging percentage among all qualifying batters.
- Ryan McMahon is hitting .246 with 22 doubles, three triples, 17 home runs and 59 walks.
- Randal Grichuk is batting .263 with 21 doubles, two triples, 15 home runs and 22 walks.
Padres vs. Rockies Probable Pitchers