Table of Contents
Chris Bassitt will attempt to secure his 15th win of the season when the New York Mets (95-56) visit the Oakland Athletics (55-95) at Oakland Coliseum on Friday at 9:40 PM ET. The Mets are favored in the matchup (-232) against the Athletics (+192). Bassitt starts for New York while Oakland will counter with Cole Irvin.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mets vs. Athletics
- Game Day: Friday, September 23, 2022
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: Oakland, California
- Stadium: Oakland Coliseum
Mets Stats & Trends
- The Mets rank eighth in MLB play with 155 home runs. They average one per game.
- The Mets are fourth in the majors with a .257 batting average.
- The Mets have a league-leading .331 on-base percentage.
- The Mets strike out 7.5 times per game, the fourth-best average in the league.
- The Mets have hit 83 home runs away from home this season (1.1 per game).
- The Mets are slugging .422 with 3.3 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- Away from home this season the team averages 9.2 hits per game and is batting .261.
Mets Key Batters
- Pete Alonso leads New York in total hits (149) this season while batting .265 with 62 extra-base hits.
- Among qualifying batters in MLB, Alonso ranks 50th in batting average, 37th in on-base percentage, and 13th in slugging.
- Francisco Lindor has an OPS of .798, fueled by an OBP of .344 and a team-best slugging percentage of .454 this season.
- Lindor ranks 38th in batting average, 37th in on-base percentage and 45th in slugging in MLB.
- Lindor has picked up at least one hit in eight games in a row. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .310 with a double, a triple, three home runs, three walks and eight RBI.
- Brandon Nimmo has collected 144 base hits, an OBP of .360 and a slugging percentage of .418 this season.
- Jeff McNeil has 154 hits this season and a team-best OBP of .372.
Athletics Stats & Trends
- The Athletics rank 18th in Major League Baseball with 126 home runs.
- The Athletics rank 20th in MLB with a .216 team batting average.
- The Athletics have the 20th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.281).
- The Athletics rank 15th with an average of 8.6 strikeouts per game.
- They’ve hit 47 homers, an average of 0.6 per game, in 75 home contests this season.
- In 75 home games this season, they’re slugging .319 with 172 hits going for extra bases.
- In 75 home games this season, they have a batting average of .205 while averaging 6.5 base hits per contest.
Athletics Key Batters
- Sean Murphy has put up a team-high OBP (.332) and slugging percentage (.434).
- Including all qualified hitters in the majors, Murphy is 77th in batting average, 59th in on-base percentage and 63rd in slugging percentage.
- Tony Kemp is batting .240 with 23 doubles, two triples, seven home runs and 43 walks.
- Kemp is currently 100th in batting average, 93rd in on-base percentage and 127th in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters.
- Seth Brown leads the Athletics with 104 hits.
- Chad Pinder has 17 doubles, 12 home runs and 14 walks while hitting .232.
Mets vs. Athletics Probable Pitchers