Table of Contents
The Philadelphia Phillies (82-67) host the Atlanta Braves (93-57) at 7:05 PM ET on Friday, providing a showdown of top-five sluggers. Kyle Schwarber has 40 home runs (second in the league) for the favored Phillies (-154), while Austin Riley ranks third in MLB play with 37 round-trippers this season for the underdog Braves (+131). Aaron Nola starts for Philadelphia while Atlanta will counter with Jake Odorizzi.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Phillies vs. Braves
- Game Day: Friday, September 23, 2022
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Citizens Bank Park
Phillies Stats & Trends
- The Phillies rank sixth-best in baseball with 191 total home runs.
- The Phillies’ .254 batting average is seventh-best in the majors.
- The Phillies’ .317 on-base percentage ranks ninth-best in the league.
- The Phillies strike out 8.4 times per game to rank 13th in baseball.
- The Phillies have hit 103 homers at home this season (1.3 per game).
- The Phillies have a .441 slugging percentage and are averaging 3.1 extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the club averages 8.6 hits per game and is batting .261.
Phillies Key Batters
- J.T. Realmuto leads Philadelphia in OBP (.346) and total hits (128) this season.
- Among all qualifying hitters in MLB, Realmuto’s batting average ranks 35th, his on-base percentage ranks 35th, and he is 21st in slugging.
- Realmuto will look for his fifth straight game with a hit in this contest. During his last five outings he is batting .474 with a double, three home runs, a walk and four RBI.
- Schwarber has 20 doubles, two triples, 40 home runs and 74 walks while batting .214.
- Schwarber ranks 129th in batting average, 101st in on-base percentage and 24th in slugging among qualifying hitters.
- Rhys Hoskins has 133 hits this season and has a slash line of .246/.334/.462.
- Alec Bohm has an OPS of .727, fueled by an OBP of .321 and a team-best slugging percentage of .406 this season.
- Bohm has hit safely in five straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .318 with a home run, a walk and an RBI.
Braves Stats & Trends
- The Braves’ 224 home runs rank second in Major League Baseball.
- The Braves have a team batting average of .253 this season, which ranks eighth among MLB teams.
- The Braves are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking ninth with an OBP of .317.
- The Braves rank just 28th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 9.1 whiffs per contest.
- In 72 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 106 homers, an average of 1.5 per contest.
- In 72 road games this season, they’re slugging .436 with 252 hits going for extra bases.
- They are averaging 8.8 base hits per game and batting .250 on the road this season.
Braves Key Batters
- Riley leads the Braves with 161 hits.
- Including all qualifying hitters in MLB, Riley is 29th in batting average, 31st in on-base percentage and fifth in slugging percentage.
- Riley enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with a double, a home run, a walk and two RBI.
- Matt Olson is batting .235 with 42 doubles, 28 home runs and 70 walks.
- Including all qualified players, Olson’s batting average puts him 114th, his on-base percentage is 79th, and he is 45th in slugging.
- Dansby Swanson has racked up a team-best .439 slugging percentage.
- Michael Harris II is batting .305 with 26 doubles, two triples, 18 home runs and 17 walks.
Phillies vs. Braves Probable Pitchers