Table of Contents
Kolten Wong leads the Milwaukee Brewers (80-70) into a contest with the Cincinnati Reds (59-91) after he hit three home runs in a 5-1 win over the Reds. The Brewers are moneyline favorites (-157) against the Reds (+135) in this outing, which starts at 6:40 PM ET on Friday. Milwaukee’s Eric Lauer starts against Cincinnati’s Mike Minor.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Brewers vs. Reds
- Game Day: Friday, September 23, 2022
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Stadium: Great American Ball Park
Brewers Stats & Trends
- The Brewers rank third in baseball with 208 home runs. They average 1.4 per game.
- The Brewers’ .234 batting average ranks 22nd in MLB.
- The Brewers are 13th in the league with an on-base percentage of .315.
- Brewers batters strike out 9.0 times per game, the 26th-most in baseball.
- The Brewers average 1.3 homers per road game this season (105 total away from home).
- The Brewers are averaging 3.0 extra-base hits per game while slugging .404 away from home.
- The club averages 7.9 hits per game and is batting .233 on the road this season.
Brewers Key Batters
- Willy Adames leads Milwaukee with 125 hits, batting .244 this season with 61 extra-base hits.
- Among qualifying hitters in baseball, Adames ranks 93rd in batting average, 105th in on-base percentage, and 22nd in slugging.
- Adames will look for his fourth straight game with a hit in this contest. In his last five games he is hitting .421 with three doubles, a home run, three walks and three RBI.
- Rowdy Tellez has 23 doubles, 32 home runs and 58 walks while batting .220.
- Among qualifying hitters, Tellez ranks 125th in batting average, 109th in on-base percentage and 37th in slugging percentage.
- Christian Yelich has a team-best OPS of .746, fueled by a slash line of .258/.358/.388 this season.
- Andrew McCutchen is batting .240 with a .312 OBP and 66 RBI for Milwaukee this season.
Reds Stats & Trends
- The Reds’ 149 home runs rank 18th in Major League Baseball.
- The Reds’ .239 batting average ranks 19th in the league this season.
- The Reds have the 21st-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.306).
- The Reds rank 24th in strikeouts per game (8.8) among MLB offenses.
- They have averaged 1.2 home runs per game in their 75 home contests this season.
- In 75 home games this season, they’re slugging .406 with 207 hits going for extra bases.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .249 with 8.2 base hits per contest.
Reds Key Batters
- Kyle Farmer has 124 hits with a .316 on-base percentage and a .388 slugging percentage, all club-bests for the Reds.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the big leagues, Farmer’s batting average is 71st, his on-base percentage is 89th, and he is 107th in slugging.
- Farmer hopes to build on a two-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .105 with a home run and four RBI.
- Jonathan India is hitting .249 with 14 doubles, two triples, 10 home runs and 28 walks.
- TJ Friedl is hitting .253 with nine doubles, five triples, seven home runs and 17 walks.
- Jake Fraley is hitting .251 with nine doubles, 10 home runs and 23 walks.
Brewers vs. Reds Probable Pitchers