Table of Contents
The Texas Rangers (65-84) host the Cleveland Guardians (83-67) at 8:05 PM ET on Friday in a matchup featuring two of the league’s most consistent hitters. Nate Lowe has a batting average of .307 (eighth in the majors) for the favored Rangers (-118), while Andres Gimenez is 10th in MLB play hitting .301 this season for the underdog Guardians (-101). Texas’ Jon Gray and Cleveland’s Cody Morris will take the mound first.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Rangers vs. Guardians
- Game Day: Friday, September 23, 2022
- Game Time: 8:05 PM ET
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Stadium: Globe Life Field
Rangers Stats & Trends
- The Rangers average 1.2 home runs per game to rank eighth in MLB action with 183 total home runs.
- The Rangers’ .242 batting average ranks 15th in the majors.
- The Rangers’ .304 on-base percentage ranks 24th in baseball.
- The Rangers strike out 8.9 times per game, the No. 23 mark in baseball.
- The Rangers average 1.3 homers per game when playing at home this season (95 total in home contests).
- The Rangers are averaging 2.8 extra-base hits per game while slugging .408 at home.
- At home this season the club averages 8.1 hits per game and is batting .243.
Rangers Key Batters
- Marcus Semien is hitting .254 with 31 doubles, five triples, 23 home runs and 50 walks.
- Among qualified batters, Semien ranks 73rd in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 101st, and he is 62nd in slugging.
- Corey Seager is batting .244 with 22 doubles, a triple, 32 home runs and 57 walks.
- Seager ranks 93rd in batting average, 87th in on-base percentage and 38th in slugging in MLB.
- Seager heads into this game looking to extend his four-game hit streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .263 with two doubles, two home runs, a walk and four RBI.
- Lowe leads Texas in OBP (.362), slugging percentage (.501) and total hits (168) this season.
- Lowe heads into this game with two games in a row with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is batting .278 with a double, a walk and an RBI.
- Adolis Garcia has been key for Texas with 142 hits, an OBP of .302 plus a slugging percentage of .456.
- Garcia brings a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .235 with a double, two walks and three RBI.
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians rank 29th in Major League Baseball with just 118 home runs as a team.
- The Guardians rank eighth in MLB with a .253 team batting average.
- The Guardians have an on-base percentage of .315 this season, which ranks 13th in the league.
- The Guardians have the fewest strikeouts in MLB, whiffing only 6.8 times per game on average.
- They have averaged 0.9 home runs per game in their 78 road contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .397 in away games this season with 229 extra-base hits.
- In 78 road games this season, they have a batting average of .256 while averaging 9.1 base hits per contest.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez has 154 hits, a team-high for the Guardians.
- Including all qualifying hitters in MLB, Ramirez’s batting average places him 34th, his on-base percentage ranks 29th, and he is 10th in slugging.
- Steven Kwan has a .373 OBP to lead his team.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Kwan’s batting average places him 14th, his on-base percentage ranks 11th, and he is 100th in slugging.
- Amed Rosario has put up a team-high .402 slugging percentage.
- Gimenez has a .373 OBP to pace his team.
Rangers vs. Guardians Probable Pitchers