Oddsmakers don’t expect the Chicago Cubs (65-85), at +100 on the moneyline, to add on to their three-game winning streak when they play the Pittsburgh Pirates (55-95), at -121, on Friday at 6:35 PM ET. Pittsburgh has Bryse Wilson starting, while Chicago will send out Javier Assad.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Pirates vs. Cubs
- Game Day: Friday, September 23, 2022
- Game Time: 6:35 PM ET
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: PNC Park
Pirates Stats & Trends
- The Pirates average one home run per game to rank 17th in baseball with 151 total home runs .
- The Pirates rank 29th in the majors with a .220 batting average.
- The Pirates are 28th in baseball with a .287 on-base percentage.
- Pirates batters strike out 9.4 times per game, the 29th-most in the league.
- The Pirates average one home run per game when playing at home this season (69 total in home contests).
- The Pirates have a .366 slugging percentage and are averaging 2.5 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club is batting .225 with 524 hits (7.3 per game) at home this season.
Pirates Key Batters
- Bryan Reynolds leads Pittsburgh in OBP (.342), slugging percentage (.457) and total hits (132) this season.
- Among all qualifying hitters, Reynolds ranks 57th in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 41st, and he is 40th in slugging.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes has 23 doubles, three triples, seven home runs and 46 walks while hitting .243.
- Among all qualified, Hayes ranks 95th in batting average, 93rd in on-base percentage and 126th in slugging percentage.
- Ben Gamel is batting .230 with a .364 slugging percentage and 42 RBI this year.
- Michael Chavis has 14 home runs, 49 RBI and a batting average of .234 this season.
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs’ 149 home runs rank 18th in Major League Baseball.
- The Cubs have a team batting average of .239 this season, which ranks 19th among MLB teams.
- The Cubs have the 20th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.310).
- The Cubs rank 25th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.9 whiffs per contest.
- In 75 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 79 homers, an average of 1.1 per contest.
- They are slugging .381 in 75 road games this season.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .230 with 7.8 base hits per contest.
Cubs Key Batters
- Ian Happ has racked up 143 hits with a .341 on-base percentage and a .446 slugging percentage, all club-highs for the Cubs.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the majors, Happ’s batting average places him 46th, his on-base percentage ranks 44th, and he is 52nd in slugging.
- Nico Hoerner is hitting .291 with 21 doubles, five triples, nine home runs and 26 walks.
- Hoerner is 20th in batting average, 49th in on-base percentage and 70th in slugging percentage in MLB.
- Patrick Wisdom has 25 doubles, 23 home runs and 51 walks while hitting .209.
- Christopher Morel has 17 doubles, four triples, 14 home runs and 36 walks while batting .236.
Pirates vs. Cubs Probable Pitchers