Table of Contents
Andres Gimenez leads the Cleveland Guardians (84-67) into a matchup against Nate Lowe and the Texas Rangers (65-85) on Saturday at 7:05 PM ET at Globe Life Field. Gimenez is batting .302, the ninth-best batting average in the majors, for the favored Guardians (-128), and Lowe ranks eighth in MLB play with a .306 batting average this season for the underdog Rangers (+107). Cal Quantrill starts for Cleveland while Texas will counter with Glenn Otto.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Guardians vs. Rangers
- Game Day: Saturday, September 24, 2022
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Stadium: Globe Life Field
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians have hit the second-fewest home runs in baseball this season (118).
- The Guardians’ .253 batting average is eighth-best in MLB.
- The Guardians rank 14th in baseball with a .315 on-base percentage.
- Guardians hitters strike out 6.8 times per game, the fewest strikeouts in the league.
- The Guardians have hit 73 homers away from home this season (0.9 per game).
- The Guardians are averaging 2.9 extra-base hits per game while slugging .396 on the road.
- The team averages 9.0 hits per game and is batting .255 on the road this season.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez has 155 hits, which is best among Cleveland hitters this season, while batting .277 with 74 extra-base hits.
- Among qualified hitters in the majors, Ramirez ranks 33rd in batting average, 29th in on-base percentage, and 10th in slugging.
- Ramirez hopes to build on a two-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .263 with two walks and five RBI.
- Steven Kwan is hitting .296 with 22 doubles, seven triples, five home runs and 59 walks.
- Kwan ranks 13th in batting average, 13th in on-base percentage and 102nd in slugging in the major leagues.
- Kwan brings a seven-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. During his last 10 outings he is batting .333 with a double, two triples, a home run, three walks and five RBI.
- Amed Rosario has hit 11 homers with a team-high .404 SLG this season.
- Rosario has recorded a hit in five games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .273 with a triple, a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- Gimenez has 139 hits this season and a team-best OBP of .374.
- Gimenez heads into this game on a five-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .400 with a triple, two walks and five RBI.
Rangers Stats & Trends
- The Rangers’ 183 home runs rank eighth in Major League Baseball.
- The Rangers have a team batting average of .242 this season, which ranks 16th among MLB teams.
- The Rangers have the 24th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.304).
- The Rangers rank 23rd in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.9 whiffs per contest.
- In 75 games at home this season, they’ve hit 95 homers, an average of 1.3 per contest.
- They are slugging .406 in 75 home games this season.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .243 with 8.1 base hits per contest.
Rangers Key Batters
- Marcus Semien is hitting .252 with 31 doubles, five triples, 23 home runs and 50 walks.
- Including all the qualified hitters in MLB, Semien is 77th in batting average, 106th in on-base percentage and 64th in slugging percentage.
- Corey Seager is hitting .246 with 22 doubles, a triple, 32 home runs and 57 walks.
- Seager ranks 88th in batting average, 84th in on-base percentage and 39th in slugging percentage in the majors.
- Adolis Garcia has 31 doubles, five triples, 25 home runs and 39 walks while hitting .253.
- Lowe has racked up 169 hits with a .361 on-base percentage while slugging .498. Those stats are all team-highs.
Guardians vs. Rangers Probable Pitchers