The San Diego Padres (83-68) visit the Colorado Rockies (65-86) on Saturday at 8:10 PM ET. The Padres are favored on the moneyline (-170) against the underdog Rockies (+145). San Diego’s Yu Darvish gets the start against Colorado’s Chad Kuhl.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Padres vs. Rockies
- Game Day: Saturday, September 24, 2022
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Denver, Colorado
- Stadium: Coors Field
Padres Stats & Trends
- The Padres are 20th in baseball with 144 total home runs.
- The Padres’ .239 batting average ranks 19th in MLB.
- The Padres are 10th in the league with a .317 on-base percentage.
- Padres hitters strike out 8.1 times per game, the 10th-lowest average in the league.
- The Padres average 0.9 home runs per game when playing on the road this season (73 total in road outings).
- The Padres are averaging 3.1 extra-base hits per game while slugging .393 on the road.
- On the road this season the club averages 8.7 hits per game and is batting .248.
Padres Key Batters
- Manny Machado has 159 hits to go with a slugging percentage of .531, both of which lead San Diego hitters this season.
- Among qualifying hitters in the majors, Machado’s batting average ranks 13th, his on-base percentage ranks 18th, and he is eighth in slugging.
- Machado hopes to build on a two-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .294 with two home runs, four walks and five RBI.
- Juan Soto leads San Diego in OBP (.404) this season, fueled by 118 hits.
- Among qualifying hitters, Soto’s batting average ranks him 96th, his on-base percentage fourth, and his slugging percentage 41st.
- Josh Bell has 143 hits this season and has a slash line of .271/.363/.434.
- Jurickson Profar has 15 home runs, 58 RBI and a batting average of .236 this season.
- Profar has safely hit in two games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .238 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and two RBI.
Rockies Stats & Trends
- The Rockies rank 23rd in Major League Baseball with 137 home runs.
- The Rockies have a team batting average of .256 this season, which ranks sixth among MLB teams.
- The Rockies have an OBP of .318 this season, which ranks seventh in MLB.
- The Rockies rank ninth in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.0 whiffs per contest.
- They’ve hit 95 homers, an average of 1.2 per game, in 79 home contests this season.
- In 79 home games this season, they’re slugging .458 with 264 hits going for extra bases.
- They are averaging 9.8 base hits per game and batting .283 as a team at home this season.
Rockies Key Batters
- C.J. Cron has put up a team-high slugging percentage (.488) and paces the Rockies in hits (146).
- Including all the qualified hitters in the big leagues, Cron ranks 47th in batting average, 70th in on-base percentage and 18th in slugging percentage.
- Charlie Blackmon is batting .260 with 21 doubles, six triples, 16 home runs and 31 walks.
- Including all qualified hitters, Blackmon ranks 66th in batting average, 104th in on-base percentage and 77th in slugging percentage.
- Ryan McMahon is batting .246 with 22 doubles, three triples, 17 home runs and 59 walks.
- Randal Grichuk has 21 doubles, two triples, 16 home runs and 23 walks while batting .265.
Padres vs. Rockies Probable Pitchers