Table of Contents
Two of MLB’s most consistent hitters go head-to-head when the Los Angeles Dodgers (104-47) and the St. Louis Cardinals (89-63) play at 9:10 PM ET on Saturday at Dodger Stadium. Freddie Freeman has a .325 batting average (first in MLB) for the favored Dodgers (-187), and Paul Goldschmidt ranks second in MLB action hitting .320 this season for the underdog Cardinals (+159). Clayton Kershaw starts for Los Angeles while St. Louis will counter with Jordan Montgomery.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Dodgers vs. Cardinals
- Game Day: Saturday, September 24, 2022
- Game Time: 9:10 PM ET
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Stadium: Dodger Stadium
Dodgers Stats & Trends
- The Dodgers average 1.3 home runs per game to rank fourth in MLB action with 202 total home runs.
- The Dodgers rank third in MLB with a .259 batting average.
- The Dodgers have a league-leading .335 on-base percentage.
- The Dodgers strike out 8.4 times per game to rank 14th in baseball.
- The Dodgers have hit 97 homers at home this season (1.3 per game).
- The Dodgers are slugging .460 with 3.6 extra-base hits per game in home contests.
- The team averages 8.7 hits per game and is batting .263 at home this season.
Dodgers Key Batters
- Freeman leads Los Angeles with an OBP of .402, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .513.
- Among qualified batters in the majors, Freeman’s batting average ranks first, his on-base percentage ranks fifth, and he is 11th in slugging.
- Mookie Betts has 144 hits, which ranks first among Los Angeles batters this season. He’s batting .270 with 73 extra-base hits.
- Among all qualified, Betts ranks 40th in batting average, 44th in on-base percentage and fifth in slugging percentage.
- Trea Turner has collected 183 base hits, an OBP of .344 and a slugging percentage of .475 this season.
- Will Smith has 22 home runs, 83 RBI and a batting average of .262 this season.
- Smith takes a four-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .375 with a triple, a walk and an RBI.
Cardinals Stats & Trends
- The Cardinals have hit 190 homers this season, which ranks seventh in the league.
- The Cardinals rank eighth in MLB with a .253 team batting average.
- The Cardinals have an on-base percentage of .326 this season, which ranks fourth in the league.
- The Cardinals have shown patience at the plate this season with the fifth-best rate of strikeouts per game (7.5) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 95 homers, an average of 1.3 per game, in 74 road contests this season.
- They are slugging .426 in 74 road games this season.
- They are averaging 9.0 base hits per game and batting .255 on the road this season.
Cardinals Key Batters
- Goldschmidt has racked up 171 hits with a .408 on-base percentage and a .591 slugging percentage, all club-bests for the Cardinals.
- Including all qualifying players in MLB, Goldschmidt is second in batting average, second in on-base percentage and third in slugging percentage.
- Nolan Arenado is hitting .293 with 41 doubles, a triple, 29 home runs and 48 walks.
- Arenado’s batting average ranks 17th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage ranks 27th, and he is sixth in slugging.
- Tommy Edman is hitting .265 with 29 doubles, four triples, 13 home runs and 43 walks.
- Brendan Donovan is hitting .280 with 19 doubles, a triple, five home runs and 55 walks.
Dodgers vs. Cardinals Probable Pitchers