Table of Contents
Taylor Ward leads the Los Angeles Angels (66-85) into a contest with the Minnesota Twins (73-78) after he homered twice in a 4-2 win over the Twins. The Twins are favorites (-136) against the Angels (+115) in this outing, which starts at 7:10 PM ET on Saturday. Minnesota’s Joe Ryan gets the start against Los Angeles’ Reid Detmers.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Twins vs. Angels
- Game Day: Saturday, September 24, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Stadium: Target Field
Twins Stats & Trends
- The Twins average 1.1 home runs per game to rank 12th in MLB action with 169 total home runs .
- The Twins’ .247 batting average ranks 12th in the majors.
- The Twins’ .316 on-base percentage is 12th in baseball.
- The Twins’ 8.3 strikeouts per game rank 11th in baseball.
- The Twins have hit 86 home runs at home this season (1.1 per game).
- The Twins are slugging .412 with 2.9 extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the club averages 8.4 hits per game and is batting .253.
Twins Key Batters
- Luis Arraez has an OPS of .787, fueled by an OBP of .370 to go with a slugging percentage of .417. All three of those stats are best among Minnesota hitters this season.
- Among the qualifying hitters in MLB, Arraez’s batting average ranks sixth, his on-base percentage ranks 15th, and he is 76th in slugging.
- Arraez will look for his third straight game with a hit in this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .167 with .
- Carlos Correa leads Minnesota with 139 hits. He is batting .288 this season and has 43 extra-base hits.
- Correa is 24th in batting average, 19th in on-base percentage and 33rd in slugging among qualifying hitters.
- Correa heads into this matchup looking to extend his five-game hit streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .500 with a double, two walks and two RBI.
- Gio Urshela has collected 124 base hits, an OBP of .323 and a slugging percentage of .415 this season.
- Jose Miranda is batting .263 with a .319 OBP and 64 RBI for Minnesota this season.
Angels Stats & Trends
- The Angels have hit 180 homers this season, which ranks 11th in the league.
- The Angels rank 25th in MLB with a .229 team batting average.
- The Angels are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking 27th with an OBP of .294.
- The Angels rank last in strikeouts per game (9.6) among MLB offenses.
- They have averaged 1.1 home runs per game in their 76 road contests this season.
- They are slugging .365 in 76 road games this season.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .221 with 7.5 base hits per contest.
Angels Key Batters
- Shohei Ohtani has put up an on-base percentage of .358, a slugging percentage of .534, and has 146 hits, all club-highs for the Angels.
- Ohtani is 37th in batting average, 24th in on-base percentage and seventh in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters in MLB.
- Ohtani hopes to build on a nine-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .333 with five doubles, three walks and two RBI.
- Mike Trout has 21 doubles, two triples, 36 home runs and 49 walks while hitting .273.
- Ward is batting .274 with 17 doubles, two triples, 21 home runs and 57 walks.
- Luis Rengifo has 22 doubles, four triples, 15 home runs and 15 walks while batting .273.
Twins vs. Angels Probable Pitchers