Table of Contents
The New York Yankees (93-58) host the Boston Red Sox (72-79) at 7:08 PM ET on Sunday in a matchup of two of MLB’s most consistent batters. Aaron Judge has a batting average of .314 (fifth in MLB) for the favored Yankees (-178), and Xander Bogaerts is fourth in MLB play hitting .315 this season for the underdog Red Sox (+153). Nestor Cortes starts for New York while Boston will counter with Brayan Bello.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Yankees vs. Red Sox
- Game Day: Sunday, September 25, 2022
- Game Time: 7:08 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: The Bronx, New York
- Stadium: Yankee Stadium
Yankees Stats & Trends
- The New York Yankees average 1.6 home runs per game and have hit a league-high 241 home runs in total.
- The Yankees’ .241 batting average ranks 17th in MLB.
- The Yankees rank fifth in baseball with an on-base percentage of .325.
- The Yankees strike out 8.6 times per game to rank 18th in baseball.
- The Yankees average 1.7 homers per game when playing at home this season (133 total in home contests).
- The Yankees are slugging .443 with 3.1 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team is batting .241 with 603 hits (7.8 per game) at home this season.
Yankees Key Batters
- Judge has 170 hits and an OBP of .420 to go with a slugging percentage of .696. All three of those stats are tops among New York hitters this season.
- Among qualifying hitters in baseball, Judge ranks fifth in batting average, first in on-base percentage, and first in slugging.
- Anthony Rizzo is batting .225 with 20 doubles, a triple, 32 home runs and 57 walks.
- Among qualified batters, Rizzo is 122nd in batting average, 47th in on-base percentage and 17th in slugging percentage.
- Gleyber Torres has collected 128 base hits, an OBP of .307 and a slugging percentage of .450 this season.
- Torres has logged a hit or more in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .444 with a double, three home runs, five walks and eight RBI.
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa is batting .267 with a .318 OBP and 47 RBI for New York this season.
- Kiner-Falefa enters this matchup on a four-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .211 with a double, a walk and an RBI.
Red Sox Stats & Trends
Red Sox Batting
- The Red Sox have hit 145 homers this season, which ranks 20th in the league.
- The Red Sox’s .258 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking fourth in MLB.
- The Red Sox have an on-base percentage of .321 this season, which ranks sixth in the league.
- The Red Sox rank 20th with an average of 8.6 strikeouts per game.
- They’ve hit 68 homers, an average of 0.9 per game, in 77 road contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .386 in away games this season with 230 extra-base hits.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .248 with 8.6 base hits per contest.
Red Sox Key Batters
- Rafael Devers leads the Red Sox with 152 hits.
- Including all qualifying hitters in MLB, Devers ranks 23rd in batting average, 32nd in on-base percentage and ninth in slugging percentage.
- Bogaerts paces his team with a .384 on-base percentage, and has a club-leading .467 slugging percentage.
- Bogaerts’ batting average is fourth among all qualified players, his on-base percentage is seventh, and he is 33rd in slugging.
- Alex Verdugo is hitting .283 with 37 doubles, a triple, 10 home runs and 40 walks.
- Tommy Pham is hitting .245 with 22 doubles, a triple, 17 home runs and 52 walks.
Yankees vs. Red Sox Probable Pitchers