Table of Contents
The Los Angeles Angels (66-85) square off against the Minnesota Twins (73-78) after Taylor Ward homered twice in a 4-2 win over the Twins. The Angels are favored (-171) in this matchup with the Twins (+145), which begins at 7:10 PM ET on Saturday. Los Angeles has Reid Detmers starting things off, while Minnesota will send out Joe Ryan.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Angels vs. Twins
- Game Day: Saturday, September 24, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Stadium: Target Field
Angels Stats & Trends
- The Angels average 1.2 home runs per game to rank 11th in MLB play with 180 total home runs .
- The Angels have the 25th-ranked batting average in the league (.229).
- The Angels are 27th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .294.
- The Angels’ 9.6 strikeouts per game are the most in the league.
- The Angels average 1.1 homers per game when playing away from home this season (82 total in road contests).
- The Angels are averaging 2.5 extra-base hits per game while slugging .365 on the road.
- The team averages 7.5 hits per game and is batting .221 on the road this season.
Angels Key Batters
- Shohei Ohtani leads Los Angeles in OBP (.358), slugging percentage (.534) and total hits (146) this season.
- Among all qualified hitters, Ohtani is 37th in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 24th, and he is seventh in slugging.
- Ohtani hopes to build on a nine-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last 10 outings he is batting .333 with five doubles, three walks and two RBI.
- Mike Trout has 21 doubles, two triples, 36 home runs and 49 walks while batting .273.
- Trout brings a three-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. In his last five games he is batting .167 with a double, three walks and three RBI.
- Ward has 124 hits this season and has a slash line of .274/.357/.460.
- Ward enters this matchup with nine games in a row with at least one hit. During his last 10 games he is hitting .378 with two doubles, three home runs, a walk and nine RBI.
- Luis Rengifo has 15 home runs, 47 RBI and a batting average of .273 this season.
Twins Stats & Trends
- The Twins have hit 169 homers this season, which ranks 12th in the league.
- The Twins have a team batting average of .247 this season, which ranks 12th among MLB teams.
- The Twins have the 12th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.316).
- The Twins rank 11th in strikeouts per game (8.3) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 86 homers, an average of 1.1 per game, in 76 home contests this season.
- In 76 home games this season, they’re slugging .412 with 220 hits going for extra bases.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .253 with 8.4 base hits per contest.
Twins Key Batters
- Luis Arraez has put up an on-base percentage of .370 and a slugging percentage of .417. Both lead the Twins.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Arraez is sixth in batting average, while his on-base percentage is 15th and he is 76th in slugging.
- Arraez hopes to build on a two-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .167 with .
- Carlos Correa leads his team with 139 hits.
- Correa is currently 24th in batting average, 19th in on-base percentage and 33rd in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters.
- Gio Urshela has 25 doubles, three triples, 12 home runs and 38 walks while batting .270.
- Jose Miranda has 23 doubles, 15 home runs and 26 walks while hitting .263.
Angels vs. Twins Probable Pitchers