Table of Contents
Jack Suwinski brings a two-game home run streak into the Pittsburgh Pirates’ (56-96) matchup with the Chicago Cubs (66-86). The Pirates are the moneyline favorite (-111) for this contest against the Cubs (-108), which starts at 1:35 PM ET on Sunday at PNC Park. Pittsburgh’s Luis Ortiz gets the start against Chicago’s Adrian Sampson.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Pirates vs. Cubs
- Game Day: Sunday, September 25, 2022
- Game Time: 1:35 PM ET
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: PNC Park
Pirates Stats & Trends
- The Pirates are 17th in MLB action with 154 home runs. They average one per game.
- The Pirates’ .220 batting average ranks 29th in MLB.
- The Pirates rank 28th in the league with an on-base percentage of .287.
- The Pirates strike out 9.4 times per game, the second-worst mark in baseball.
- The Pirates have hit 72 homers at home this season (one per game).
- The Pirates have a .368 slugging percentage and are averaging 2.5 extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the club averages 7.3 hits per game and is batting .224.
Pirates Key Batters
- Bryan Reynolds leads Pittsburgh in OBP (.346), slugging percentage (.463) and total hits (135) this season.
- Among qualifying hitters, Reynolds ranks 50th in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 36th, and he is 37th in slugging.
- Reynolds will look for his fourth straight game with a hit in this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .526 with two doubles, two home runs, three walks and five RBI.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes is batting .243 with 23 doubles, three triples, seven home runs and 46 walks.
- Among all qualifying players, Hayes ranks 94th in batting average, 91st in on-base percentage and 126th in slugging percentage.
- Ben Gamel has collected 82 base hits, an OBP of .322 and a slugging percentage of .363 this season.
- Michael Chavis has been key for Pittsburgh with 92 hits, an OBP of .265 plus a slugging percentage of .389.
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs’ 150 home runs rank 18th in Major League Baseball.
- The Cubs rank 18th in MLB with a .239 team batting average.
- The Cubs have an on-base percentage of .311 this season, which ranks 19th in the league.
- The Cubs rank 25th in strikeouts per game (8.9) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 80 homers, an average of 1 per game, in 77 road contests this season.
- In 77 road games this season, they’re slugging .380 with 223 hits going for extra bases.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .229 with 7.8 base hits per contest.
Cubs Key Batters
- Ian Happ has put up a team-high OBP (.340) and slugging percentage (.445), and leads the Cubs in hits (145).
- Including all qualified hitters, Happ ranks 46th in batting average, while his on-base percentage is 45th and he is 54th in slugging.
- Happ heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .167 with a double, a walk and an RBI.
- Nico Hoerner has 21 doubles, five triples, nine home runs and 26 walks while batting .291.
- Hoerner’s batting average is 20th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage is 50th, and he is 70th in slugging.
- Patrick Wisdom has 25 doubles, 24 home runs and 52 walks while hitting .208.
- Christopher Morel is hitting .237 with 18 doubles, four triples, 14 home runs and 36 walks.
Pirates vs. Cubs Probable Pitchers