Table of Contents
Raimel Tapia will try to get his 100th hit of the season (he has 98) when the Toronto Blue Jays (85-67) take on the Tampa Bay Rays (84-68) on Sunday at 1:10 PM ET. The Blue Jays are underdogs (+119) versus the Rays (-141). Tampa Bay’s Shane McClanahan gets the start against Toronto’s Ross Stripling.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Rays vs. Blue Jays
- Game Day: Sunday, September 25, 2022
- Game Time: 1:10 PM ET
- Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
- Stadium: Tropicana Field
Rays Stats & Trends
- The Rays average 0.9 home runs per game to rank 25th in baseball with 133 total home runs .
- The Rays’ .242 batting average ranks 15th in the majors.
- The Rays are 19th in the league with a .311 on-base percentage.
- The Rays’ 8.6 strikeouts per game rank 18th in baseball.
- The Rays average 0.9 homers per home game this season (71 total at home).
- The Rays are averaging 2.8 extra-base hits per game while slugging .388 in home contests.
- The team is batting .242 with 624 hits (7.8 per game) at home this season.
Rays Key Batters
- Randy Arozarena has 151 hits to go with a slugging percentage of .460, both of which lead Tampa Bay hitters this season.
- Among the qualified hitters in the majors, Arozarena’s batting average ranks 37th, his on-base percentage ranks 55th, and he is 38th in slugging.
- Arozarena will look for his fifth straight game with a hit in this contest. During his last five outings he is hitting .429 with three doubles, a home run, a walk and eight RBI.
- Yandy Diaz leads Tampa Bay in OBP (.399) this season, fueled by 136 hits.
- Among qualifiers, Diaz is 18th in batting average, sixth in on-base percentage and 72nd in slugging percentage.
- Isaac Paredes is batting .221 with a .472 slugging percentage and 45 RBI this year.
- Harold Ramirez is batting .308 with a .352 OBP and 55 RBI for Tampa Bay this season.
- Ramirez has hit safely in three straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .353 with two doubles, a walk and an RBI.
Blue Jays Stats & Trends
Blue Jays Batting
- The Blue Jays rank ninth in Major League Baseball with 184 home runs.
- No team has a better batting average than the .261 AVG the Blue Jays have posted this season.
- The Blue Jays are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking third with an OBP of .327.
- The Blue Jays are one of the most disciplined teams at the plate this season, ranking sixth with an average of 7.7 strikeouts per game.
- In 77 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 92 homers, an average of 1.2 per contest.
- They are slugging .427 in 77 road games this season.
- They are averaging 9.4 base hits per game and batting .265 on the road this season.
Blue Jays Key Batters
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. has racked up 166 hits, a team-best for the Blue Jays.
- Including all qualifying players, Guerrero ranks 33rd in batting average, while his on-base percentage is 43rd and he is 21st in slugging.
- Bo Bichette’s .472 slugging percentage paces his team.
- Bichette is 25th in batting average, 65th in on-base percentage and 28th in slugging percentage in the big leagues.
- George Springer has 22 doubles, four triples, 21 home runs and 52 walks while batting .260.
- Alejandro Kirk has a .379 OBP to pace his team.
Rays vs. Blue Jays Probable Pitchers