Table of Contents
The Houston Astros (101-53) and the Arizona Diamondbacks (71-83) meet on Tuesday at 8:10 PM ET. The Astros are favored on the moneyline (-230) against the underdog Diamondbacks (+195). Both teams have not named a starter.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Astros vs. Diamondbacks
- Game Day: Tuesday, September 27, 2022
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Stadium: Minute Maid Park
Astros Stats & Trends
- The Astros rank fifth-best in MLB play with 202 total home runs.
- The Astros are 13th in MLB with a .246 batting average.
- The Astros’ .319 on-base percentage is seventh-best in baseball.
- The Astros strike out 7.3 times per game, the second-fewest average in the league.
- The Astros average 1.4 homers per game when playing at home this season (104 total in home outings).
- The Astros have a .443 slugging percentage and are averaging 3.2 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team is batting .254 with 594 hits (8.1 per game) at home this season.
Astros Key Batters
- Yordan Alvarez leads Houston with 135 hits and an OBP of .407 this season.
- Among all qualified hitters in MLB, Alvarez is ninth in batting average, second in on-base percentage, and second in slugging.
- Alvarez will look for his fourth straight game with a hit in this contest. During his last five outings he is batting .267 with five walks and two RBI.
- Alex Bregman has 38 doubles, 21 home runs and 84 walks while hitting .262.
- Bregman is 59th in batting average, 17th in on-base percentage and 44th in slugging in the majors.
- Kyle Tucker has 135 hits this season and has a slash line of .260/.332/.485.
- Jose Altuve leads Houston with a slugging percentage of .514, fueled by 60 extra-base hits.
Diamondbacks Stats & Trends
- The Diamondbacks have hit 167 homers this season, which ranks 14th in the league.
- The Diamondbacks rank 27th in MLB with a team batting average of just .229.
- The Diamondbacks have an OBP of .305 this season, which ranks 23rd in MLB.
- The Diamondbacks rank 12th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.2 whiffs per contest.
- In 73 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 96 homers, an average of 1.3 per contest.
- In 73 road games this season, they’re slugging .398 with 220 hits going for extra bases.
- They are averaging 7.7 base hits per game and batting .226 on the road this season.
Diamondbacks Key Batters
- Christian Walker has accumulated 130 hits with a .479 slugging percentage, both team-high figures for the Diamondbacks.
- Including all qualified hitters in MLB, Walker is 106th in batting average, 68th in on-base percentage and 24th in slugging percentage.
- Walker hopes to build on a two-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .263 with a double, a home run, two walks and four RBI.
- Daulton Varsho is batting .240 with 22 doubles, three triples, 26 home runs and 45 walks.
- Varsho is 99th in batting average, 106th in on-base percentage and 47th in slugging percentage in the majors.
- Ketel Marte is batting .242 with 42 doubles, two triples, 12 home runs and 55 walks.
- Josh Rojas paces his team with a .347 on-base percentage.