Table of Contents
Shohei Ohtani rides an 11-game hitting streak into the Los Angeles Angels’ (67-86) matchup with the Oakland Athletics (56-97). The Angels are favored (-230) for this matchup against the Athletics (+195), which begins at 9:38 PM ET on Tuesday at Angel Stadium. Both teams have not yet named a projected starter.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Angels vs. Athletics
- Game Day: Tuesday, September 27, 2022
- Game Time: 9:38 PM ET
- Location: Anaheim, California
- Stadium: Angel Stadium
Angels Stats & Trends
- The Angels rank 11th in MLB play with 181 home runs. They average 1.2 per game.
- The Angels have the 25th-ranked batting average in the majors (.230).
- The Angels’ .295 on-base percentage is the fifth-worst in baseball.
- The Angels strike out 9.6 times per game, the worst average in baseball.
- The Angels average 1.3 homers per game when playing at home this season (98 total in home contests).
- The Angels are averaging 2.8 extra-base hits per game while slugging .409 in home contests.
- At home this season the club averages 7.9 hits per game and is batting .238.
Angels Key Batters
- Ohtani has 149 hits and an OBP of .357 to go with a slugging percentage of .530. All three of those stats are best among Los Angeles hitters this season.
- Ohtani ranks 42nd in batting average, 26th in on-base percentage, and eighth in slugging among all qualifying hitters in MLB.
- Ohtani will look for his 12th straight game with a hit in this matchup. During his last 10 games he is hitting .361 with four doubles, two walks and five RBI.
- Mike Trout has 24 doubles, two triples, 37 home runs and 50 walks while hitting .278.
- Trout brings a five-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. During his last five outings he is batting .368 with four doubles, a home run, three walks and six RBI.
- Taylor Ward leads Los Angeles with an OBP of .357 this season while batting .272 with 59 walks and 67 runs scored.
- Luis Rengifo has been key for Los Angeles with 123 hits, an OBP of .302 plus a slugging percentage of .439.
- Rengifo brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .240 with two RBI.
Athletics Stats & Trends
- The Athletics rank 26th in Major League Baseball with just 131 home runs as a team.
- The Athletics have a team batting average of just .217 this season, which ranks last among MLB teams.
- The Athletics have an OBP of just .282 this season, which ranks last in MLB.
- The Athletics rank 20th in strikeouts per game (8.6) among MLB offenses.
- In 75 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 79 homers, an average of 1.1 per contest.
- In 75 road games this season, they’re slugging .371 with 200 hits going for extra bases.
- In 75 road games this season, they have a batting average of .227 while averaging 7.7 base hits per contest.
Athletics Key Batters
- Sean Murphy has a .334 on-base percentage and a .439 slugging percentage, both team-high numbers for the Athletics.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in the big leagues, Murphy ranks 73rd in batting average, 57th in on-base percentage and 59th in slugging percentage.
- Murphy takes a four-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .263 with three doubles and two walks.
- Seth Brown’s 109 hits pace his team.
- Brown ranks 115th in batting average, 109th in on-base percentage and 41st in slugging percentage in the majors.
- Tony Kemp has 23 doubles, two triples, seven home runs and 43 walks while batting .234.
- Chad Pinder is hitting .230 with 17 doubles, 12 home runs and 14 walks.