Table of Contents
Bryce Harper sits at 98 hits this season, and will try to get his 100th when the Philadelphia Phillies (83-70) play the Chicago Cubs (68-86) on Wednesday at 7:40 PM ET. The Phillies are favored (-190) over the Cubs (+160). Aaron Nola starts for Philadelphia while Chicago will counter with Hayden Wesneski.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Phillies vs. Cubs
- Game Day: Wednesday, September 28, 2022
- Game Time: 7:40 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Wrigley Field
Phillies Stats & Trends
- The Phillies average 1.3 home runs per game to rank sixth in MLB play with 195 total home runs.
- The Phillies have the seventh-best batting average in the league (.253).
- The Phillies’ .316 on-base percentage ranks 11th in baseball.
- The Phillies strike out 8.4 times per game, the No. 13 average in baseball.
- The Phillies have hit 88 home runs on the road this season (1.2 per game).
- The Phillies are averaging 2.9 extra-base hits per game while slugging .404 away from home.
- The team is batting .247 with 618 hits (8.6 per game) on the road this season.
Phillies Key Batters
- Kyle Schwarber leads Philadelphia in total hits (117) this season while batting .212 with 64 extra-base hits.
- Schwarber is 129th in batting average, 93rd in on-base percentage, and 20th in slugging among all qualified hitters in the majors.
- J.T. Realmuto has 131 hits this season and a team-best OBP of .343.
- Realmuto’s batting average ranks 37th among qualified players, his on-base percentage 40th, and his slugging percentage 23rd.
- Realmuto brings a two-game streak with at least one hit into this one. During his last five outings he is batting .222 with an RBI.
- Rhys Hoskins is batting .249 with a .471 slugging percentage and 76 RBI this year.
- Alec Bohm has an OPS of .731, fueled by an OBP of .323 and a team-best slugging percentage of .408 this season.
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs’ 152 home runs rank 18th in Major League Baseball.
- The Cubs rank 19th in MLB with a .239 team batting average.
- The Cubs have an OBP of .311 this season, which ranks 19th in MLB.
- The Cubs rank 25th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.9 whiffs per contest.
- They have averaged 0.9 home runs per game in their 76 home contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .394 in home games this season with 203 extra-base hits.
- In 76 home games this season, they have a batting average of .250 while averaging 8.2 base hits per contest.
Cubs Key Batters
- Ian Happ has racked up 149 hits with a .342 on-base percentage and a .448 slugging percentage, all club-highs for the Cubs.
- Including all qualifying hitters in the majors, Happ ranks 41st in batting average, 44th in on-base percentage and 51st in slugging percentage.
- Happ hopes to build on a four-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .316 with two doubles, a walk and an RBI.
- Nico Hoerner has 21 doubles, five triples, nine home runs and 26 walks while hitting .288.
- Hoerner’s batting average is 23rd among all qualified players, his on-base percentage ranks 55th, and he is 80th in slugging.
- Willson Contreras is batting .246 with 22 doubles, two triples, 21 home runs and 42 walks.
- Patrick Wisdom is batting .207 with 25 doubles, 25 home runs and 52 walks.
Phillies vs. Cubs Probable Pitchers