Table of Contents
Jose Abreu leads the Chicago White Sox (76-79) into a matchup against Luis Arraez and the Minnesota Twins (76-79) on Thursday at 1:10 PM ET at Target Field. Abreu is batting .305, the seventh-best batting average in the majors, for the favored White Sox (-119), and Arraez is fourth in MLB play with a .313 batting average this season for the underdog Twins (-100). Lucas Giolito starts for Chicago, and Louie Varland is Minnesota’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for White Sox vs. Twins
- Game Day: Thursday, September 29, 2022
- Game Time: 1:10 PM ET
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Stadium: Target Field
White Sox Stats & Trends
White Sox Batting
- The White Sox rank 22nd in MLB play with 144 total home runs.
- The White Sox have the third-best batting average in the league (.258).
- The White Sox rank 16th in the league with an on-base percentage of .313.
- White Sox batters strike out 7.9 times per game, the seventh-lowest average in the league.
- The White Sox average 0.9 home runs per game when playing on the road this season (69 total in road contests).
- The White Sox are averaging 2.8 extra-base hits per game while slugging .395 on the road.
- Away from home this season the club averages 9.4 hits per game and is batting .264.
White Sox Key Batters
- Abreu leads Chicago in OBP (.378), slugging percentage (.445) and total hits (178) this season.
- Among qualified hitters in MLB, Abreu ranks seventh in batting average, ninth in on-base percentage, and 52nd in slugging.
- Andrew Vaughn is batting .277 with 28 doubles, a triple, 17 home runs and 29 walks.
- Vaughn is 32nd in batting average, 66th in on-base percentage and 57th in slugging among qualifying hitters.
- Elvis Andrus has collected 126 base hits, an OBP of .303 and a slugging percentage of .393 this season.
- A.J. Pollock has been key for Chicago with 117 hits, an OBP of .293 plus a slugging percentage of .393.
- Pollock heads into this game on a five-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .389 with a double, a home run, a walk and two RBI.
Twins Stats & Trends
- The Twins have hit 172 homers this season, which ranks 12th in the league.
- The Twins rank 11th in MLB with a .249 team batting average.
- The Twins have an on-base percentage of .317 this season, which ranks ninth in the league.
- The Twins rank 11th in strikeouts per game (8.3) among MLB offenses.
- In 80 games at home this season, they’ve hit 89 homers, an average of 1.1 per contest.
- They are slugging .415 in 80 home games this season.
- They are averaging 8.5 base hits per game and batting .256 as a team at home this season.
Twins Key Batters
- Arraez has accumulated a team-high OBP (.370) and slugging percentage (.418).
- Including all qualifying hitters in the big leagues, Arraez is fourth in batting average, 15th in on-base percentage and 74th in slugging percentage.
- Arraez enters this game on a five-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .318 with a double and an RBI.
- Carlos Correa’s 143 hits pace his team.
- Correa is currently 23rd in batting average, 19th in on-base percentage and 38th in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters.
- Gio Urshela is hitting .282 with 27 doubles, three triples, 12 home runs and 38 walks.
- Jose Miranda has 25 doubles, 15 home runs and 26 walks while hitting .275.
White Sox vs. Twins Probable Pitchers