Table of Contents
Bryce Harper is only two hits away from his 100th of the season as his Philadelphia Phillies (83-71) ready for a matchup with the Chicago Cubs (69-86) on Thursday at 2:20 PM ET. The Phillies are favored (-192) over the Cubs (+161). Ranger Suarez starts for Philadelphia, and Javier Assad is Chicago’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Phillies vs. Cubs
- Game Day: Thursday, September 29, 2022
- Game Time: 2:20 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Wrigley Field
Phillies Stats & Trends
- The Phillies are sixth in baseball with 195 home runs. They average 1.3 per game.
- The Phillies are seventh in the majors with a .253 batting average.
- The Phillies are ninth in baseball with a .317 on-base percentage.
- The Phillies strike out 8.4 times per game, the No. 12 mark in baseball.
- The Phillies have hit 88 home runs on the road this season (1.2 per game).
- The Phillies are averaging 2.9 extra-base hits per game while slugging .403 away from home.
- The team is batting .247 with 629 hits (8.6 per game) on the road this season.
Phillies Key Batters
- Kyle Schwarber has 118 hits, which is best among Philadelphia hitters this season, while batting .213 with 65 extra-base hits.
- Among qualified batters, Schwarber is 128th in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 92nd, and he is 19th in slugging.
- Rhys Hoskins is batting .253 with 33 doubles, two triples, 29 home runs and 69 walks.
- Hoskins’ batting average is 73rd among qualified players, his on-base percentage 50th, and his slugging percentage 25th.
- J.T. Realmuto leads Philadelphia in OBP (.340) this season, fueled by 131 hits.
- Alec Bohm has an OPS of .729, fueled by an OBP of .323 and a team-best slugging percentage of .406 this season.
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs have hit 153 homers this season, which ranks 19th in the league.
- The Cubs have a team batting average of .239 this season, which ranks 19th among MLB teams.
- The Cubs have the 19th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.310).
- The Cubs rank 25th in strikeouts per game (9.0) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 72 homers, an average of 0.9 per game, in 77 home contests this season.
- They are slugging .393 in 77 home games this season.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .249 with 8.2 base hits per contest.
Cubs Key Batters
- Ian Happ has accumulated an on-base percentage of .340, a slugging percentage of .445, and has 149 hits, all club-highs for the Cubs.
- Including all qualified hitters, Happ is 43rd in batting average, while his on-base percentage ranks 47th and he is 52nd in slugging.
- Nico Hoerner has 21 doubles, five triples, nine home runs and 26 walks while hitting .287.
- Including all qualifying players, Hoerner’s batting average puts him 23rd, his on-base percentage ranks 56th, and he is 80th in slugging.
- Willson Contreras is batting .244 with 22 doubles, two triples, 21 home runs and 42 walks.
- Patrick Wisdom is batting .208 with 25 doubles, 25 home runs and 52 walks.
Phillies vs. Cubs Probable Pitchers