Miguel Cabrera will try to collect his 100th hit of the season (he has 97) when his Detroit Tigers (61-92) play the Minnesota Twins (76-79) on Friday at 7:10 PM ET. The Tigers are underdogs (+122) versus the Twins (-143). Minnesota has Joe Ryan set to start, while Detroit will send out Drew Hutchison.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Twins vs. Tigers
- Game Day: Friday, September 30, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Comerica Park
Twins Stats & Trends
- The Twins are 12th in MLB action with 172 home runs. They average 1.1 per game.
- The Twins’ .249 batting average ranks 11th in the majors.
- The Twins rank ninth in the league with a .317 on-base percentage.
- The Twins strike out 8.3 times per game to rank 11th in the league.
- The Twins average 1.1 home runs per road game this season (83 total away from home).
- The Twins are slugging .391 with 2.9 extra-base hits per game on the road.
- The club averages 8.3 hits per game and is batting .241 on the road this season.
Twins Key Batters
- Luis Arraez leads Minnesota with an OBP of .370, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .418.
- Arraez ranks fourth in batting average, 15th in on-base percentage, and 74th in slugging among all qualified hitters in baseball.
- Arraez hopes to build on a six-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last 10 outings he is batting .300 with a double, a walk and three RBI.
- Carlos Correa leads Minnesota in total hits (143) this season while batting .287 with 45 extra-base hits.
- Correa is 23rd in batting average, 19th in on-base percentage and 38th in slugging in the major leagues.
- Gio Urshela is batting .282 with a .426 slugging percentage and 61 RBI this year.
- Urshela heads into this game with five games in a row with at least one hit. In his last five games he is hitting .550 with two doubles and two RBI.
- Jose Miranda is batting .275 with a .328 OBP and 66 RBI for Minnesota this season.
Tigers Stats & Trends
- The Tigers rank last in Major League Baseball with just 100 home runs as a team.
- The Tigers have a team batting average of just .230 this season, which ranks 26th among MLB teams.
- The Tigers are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking 29th with an OBP of .286.
- The Tigers rank 21st in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.7 whiffs per contest.
- They’ve hit 48 homers, an average of 0.6 per game, in 78 home contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .346 in home games this season with 172 extra-base hits.
- In 78 home games this season, they have a batting average of .234 while averaging 7.6 base hits per contest.
Tigers Key Batters
- Javier Baez has accumulated 127 hits with a .280 on-base percentage and a .390 slugging percentage, all club-highs for the Tigers.
- Including all qualified hitters in the big leagues, Baez is 102nd in batting average, 130th in on-base percentage and 106th in slugging percentage.
- Baez heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .273 with two home runs, a walk and five RBI.
- Harold Castro is hitting .275 with 20 doubles, two triples, seven home runs and 16 walks.
- Jeimer Candelario is hitting .209 with 18 doubles, two triples, 13 home runs and 27 walks.
- Jonathan Schoop is hitting .203 with 22 doubles, a triple, 11 home runs and 17 walks.
Twins vs. Tigers Probable Pitchers