Table of Contents
Mike Yastrzemski has 97 hits this season, and will try to collect his 100th when his San Francisco Giants (77-78) play the Colorado Rockies (65-90) on Thursday at 9:45 PM ET. The Giants are favored (-227) over the Rockies (+188). San Francisco’s Carlos Rodon starts against Colorado’s Ryan Feltner.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Giants vs. Rockies
- Game Day: Thursday, September 29, 2022
- Game Time: 9:45 PM ET
- Location: San Francisco, California
- Stadium: Oracle Park
Giants Stats & Trends
- The Giants are 12th in MLB play with 172 total home runs.
- The Giants have the 23rd-ranked batting average in the majors (.233).
- The Giants rank 15th in baseball with a .314 on-base percentage.
- Giants batters strike out 9.1 times per game, the 27th-most in baseball.
- The Giants average 1.0 home run per home game this season (78 total at home).
- The Giants have a .387 slugging percentage and are averaging 2.7 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team is batting .236 with 591 hits (7.7 per game) at home this season.
Giants Key Batters
- Wilmer Flores is batting .232 with 27 doubles, a triple, 19 home runs and 55 walks.
- Among all qualified hitters in baseball, Flores’ batting average ranks 116th, his on-base percentage ranks 84th, and he is 90th in slugging.
- Thairo Estrada has 124 hits and an OBP of .326 to go with a slugging percentage of .414. All three of those stats rank first among San Francisco hitters this season.
- Among qualified hitters, Estrada is 50th in batting average, 66th in on-base percentage and 80th in slugging percentage.
- Joc Pederson has collected 99 base hits, an OBP of .347 and a slugging percentage of .522 this season.
- Pederson enters this game with two games in a row with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is batting .500 with two triples, a home run, a walk and six RBI.
- Yastrzemski has been key for San Francisco with 97 hits, an OBP of .303 plus a slugging percentage of .380.
Rockies Stats & Trends
- The Rockies have hit 141 homers this season, which ranks 23rd in the league.
- The Rockies’ .256 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking sixth in MLB.
- The Rockies are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking ninth with an OBP of .317.
- The Rockies rank 10th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.1 whiffs per contest.
- They’ve hit 43 homers, an average of 0.6 per game, in 74 road contests this season.
- They are slugging .331 in 74 road games this season.
- They are averaging 7.6 base hits per game and batting .225 on the road this season.
Rockies Key Batters
- C.J. Cron has totaled 147 hits with a .480 slugging percentage, both team-high numbers for the Rockies.
- Including all qualified players, Cron is 56th in batting average, while his on-base percentage is 74th and he is 21st in slugging.
- Ryan McMahon’s .326 on-base percentage leads his team.
- McMahon’s batting average is 95th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage ranks 66th, and he is 84th in slugging.
- Randal Grichuk has 21 doubles, two triples, 17 home runs and 23 walks while hitting .261.
- Jose Iglesias is batting .297 with 30 doubles, three home runs and 17 walks.
Giants vs. Rockies Probable Pitchers