Table of Contents
Dylan Carlson will try to get his 100th hit of the season (he has 99) when the St. Louis Cardinals (90-66) play the Pittsburgh Pirates (59-97) on Friday at 8:15 PM ET. The Cardinals are favored (-210) over the Pirates (+180). Jack Flaherty starts for St. Louis, and Johan Oviedo is Pittsburgh’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cardinals vs. Pirates
- Game Day: Friday, September 30, 2022
- Game Time: 8:15 PM ET
- Location: St. Louis, Missouri
- Stadium: Busch Stadium
Cardinals Stats & Trends
- The Cardinals average 1.2 home runs per game to rank seventh in baseball with 193 total home runs.
- The Cardinals have the ninth-best batting average in the majors (.252).
- The Cardinals’ .325 on-base percentage is fourth-best in baseball.
- The Cardinals strike out 7.6 times per game, the fifth-fewest average in the league.
- The Cardinals average 1.2 homers per home game this season (95 total at home).
- The Cardinals have a .421 slugging percentage and are averaging 3.0 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club is batting .251 with 636 hits (8.2 per game) at home this season.
Cardinals Key Batters
- Paul Goldschmidt leads St. Louis with 175 hits and an OBP of .404, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .584.
- Among all qualifying hitters in the majors, Goldschmidt ranks third in batting average, fifth in on-base percentage, and third in slugging.
- Goldschmidt has recorded at least one hit in two straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .222 with a double and two RBI.
- Nolan Arenado is hitting .293 with 41 doubles, a triple, 30 home runs and 51 walks.
- Arenado ranks 17th in batting average, 21st in on-base percentage and fourth in slugging in the major leagues.
- Tommy Edman has 149 hits this season and has a slash line of .262/.321/.398.
- Brendan Donovan is batting .280 with a .393 OBP and 44 RBI for St. Louis this season.
- Donovan heads into this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .308 with two doubles and four walks.
Pirates Stats & Trends
- The Pirates have hit 155 homers this season, which ranks 17th in the league.
- The Pirates rank 29th in MLB with a team batting average of just .221.
- The Pirates have an on-base percentage of .289 this season, which ranks 28th in the league.
- The Pirates rank 29th in strikeouts per game (9.4) among MLB offenses.
- In 78 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 82 homers, an average of 1.1 per contest.
- In 78 road games this season, they’re slugging .360 with 197 hits going for extra bases.
- In 78 road games this season, they have a batting average of .216 while averaging 7.2 base hits per contest.
Pirates Key Batters
- Bryan Reynolds has accumulated a team-best OBP (.345) and slugging percentage (.460), while leading the Pirates in hits (137).
- Including all the qualifying hitters in MLB, Reynolds ranks 58th in batting average, 36th in on-base percentage and 39th in slugging percentage.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes is hitting .246 with 24 doubles, three triples, seven home runs and 46 walks.
- Hayes is 88th in batting average, 84th in on-base percentage and 124th in slugging percentage in MLB.
- Ben Gamel is batting .231 with 19 doubles, two triples, eight home runs and 47 walks.
- Oneil Cruz is batting .231 with 12 doubles, four triples, 17 home runs and 23 walks.
Cardinals vs. Pirates Probable Pitchers