Before Justin Herbert hits the field for Sunday’s game, which starts at 1:00 PM ET on CBS, here are some key facts and figures you should know ahead of placing a bet on his player prop bets. Herbert and the Los Angeles Chargers (1-2) meet the Houston Texans (0-2-1) in Week 4 at NRG Stadium.
Justin Herbert Player Props vs. Houston
- Matchup: Los Angeles Chargers at Houston Texans
- Time: 1:00 PM
- Date: October 2, 2022
- Passing Yards Prop: Over 267.5 (-115)
Justin Herbert Passing Stats
- Herbert has 910 yards passing (303.3 per game) for Los Angeles, completing 66.1% and collecting seven touchdown passes and two interceptions on the season.
- He also has run for nine yards on seven carries, averaging 3.0 yards per game.
- So far this season, Herbert has completed 84 of his 127 pass attempts. That’s 28.0 completions per game, which ranks fourth in the league.
- Herbert has racked up 439 air yards on completed passes, which ranks 11th in the NFL.
- The Chargers have run 65.5% passing plays and 34.5% rushing plays this season. They rank 16th in the NFL in scoring.
- In one matchup against the Texans, Herbert threw for 336 passing yards, 68.5 yards above his over/under in Sunday’s game.
- In that game, Herbert threw for more than this contest’s 267.5-yard over/under.
- Herbert threw a touchdown pass in that matchup against the Texans.
Last Season Stats: Chargers vs. Texans
- The Chargers scored just 1.3 more points per game (27.9) than the Texans surrendered (26.6) last year.
- The Chargers racked up 390.2 yards per game last season, just 5.8 more than the 384.4 the Texans gave up per matchup.
- The Chargers passed for 282.4 yards per game last year, 40.2 more than the 242.2 the Texans allowed per outing.
- Last season the Chargers rushed for 34.3 fewer yards per game (107.9) than the Texans allowed per outing (142.2).
- The Chargers had 22 giveaways last year, while the Texans had 25 takeaways.