Table of Contents
The San Francisco Giants (79-78) play the Arizona Diamondbacks (72-85) a game after Evan Longoria homered twice in a 10-4 win over the Diamondbacks. The Giants are favored (-115) in this matchup with the Diamondbacks (-105), which begins at 4:05 PM ET on Saturday. San Francisco’s Jakob Junis gets the start against Arizona’s Drey Jameson.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Giants vs. Diamondbacks
- Game Day: Saturday, October 1, 2022
- Game Time: 4:05 PM ET
- Location: San Francisco, California
- Stadium: Oracle Park
Giants Stats & Trends
- The Giants average 1.1 home runs per game to rank 12th in MLB action with 177 total home runs .
- The Giants have the 23rd-ranked batting average in the majors (.234).
- The Giants are 14th in the league with an on-base percentage of .315.
- Giants batters strike out 9.0 times per game, the 27th-most in the league.
- The Giants average 1.1 homers per home game this season (83 total at home).
- The Giants are averaging 2.8 extra-base hits per game while slugging .393 at home.
- The club is batting .239 with 612 hits (7.7 per game) at home this season.
Giants Key Batters
- Wilmer Flores is batting .231 with 27 doubles, a triple, 19 home runs and 56 walks.
- Among qualified hitters in MLB, Flores’ batting average ranks 116th, his on-base percentage ranks 87th, and he is 92nd in slugging.
- Thairo Estrada has 125 hits and an OBP of .324 to go with a slugging percentage of .409. All three of those stats are best among San Francisco hitters this season.
- Estrada’s batting average ranks 55th among qualified players, his on-base percentage 68th, and his slugging percentage 83rd.
- Joc Pederson has 102 hits this season and has a slash line of .276/.352/.530.
- Pederson heads into this matchup with four games in a row with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is hitting .467 with a double, three triples, a home run, three walks and four RBI.
- Mike Yastrzemski has 16 home runs, 54 RBI and a batting average of .214 this season.
- Yastrzemski takes a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .222 with a double, a home run, three walks and four RBI.
Diamondbacks Stats & Trends
- The Diamondbacks’ 169 home runs rank 15th in Major League Baseball.
- The Diamondbacks rank 26th in MLB with a team batting average of just .230.
- The Diamondbacks have the 23rd-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.304).
- The Diamondbacks rank 11th in strikeouts per game (8.3) among MLB offenses.
- They have averaged 1.3 home runs per game in their 76 road contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .396 in away games this season with 227 extra-base hits.
- In 76 road games this season, they have a batting average of .227 while averaging 7.7 base hits per contest.
Diamondbacks Key Batters
- Christian Walker has 132 hits with a .472 slugging percentage, both team-best marks for the Diamondbacks.
- Including all qualified hitters in the majors, Walker’s batting average puts him 110th, his on-base percentage ranks 71st, and he is 28th in slugging.
- Walker enters this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .200 with a double, a walk and five RBI.
- Daulton Varsho is batting .238 with 23 doubles, three triples, 27 home runs and 46 walks.
- Varsho ranks 105th in batting average, 107th in on-base percentage and 47th in slugging percentage in the big leagues.
- Josh Rojas a has .345 on-base percentage to lead the Diamondbacks.
- Jake McCarthy is batting .291 with 15 doubles, three triples, eight home runs and 23 walks.
Giants vs. Diamondbacks Probable Pitchers