Table of Contents
Alex Verdugo will hit the field for the Boston Red Sox against Kevin Gausman and the Toronto Blue Jays on Sunday. First pitch is at 1:37 PM.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Verdugo Props for Red Sox vs Blue Jays
- Game Day: Sunday, October 2, 2022
- Game Time: 1:37 PM ET
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
- Stadium: Rogers Centre
Verdugo in 2022
- Verdugo is hitting .283 with 39 doubles, a triple, 11 home runs and 41 walks.
- Among hitters in MLB action, Verdugo ranks 172nd in home runs and 53rd in RBI.
- Verdugo has a hit in 105 of 148 games this season (70.9%), with multiple base knocks in 49 of those contests (33.1%).
- Verdugo has hit a long ball in 11 games this season (148 opportunities, 7.4%), going deep in 1.7% of his chances at the plate.
Last Five Games
|Blue Jays||October 1||1-for-4||0||0||0||1||0||0|
|Blue Jays||September 30||0-for-4||0||0||0||0||0||0|
Blue Jays Pitching in 2022
- Gausman makes the start for the Blue Jays, his 31st of the season. He is 12-10 with a 3.30 ERA and 201 strikeouts in 171 2/3 innings pitched.
- The 31-year-old ranks 25th in ERA (3.30), 37th in WHIP (1.235), and seventh in K/9 (10.5) among qualifying pitchers in MLB action this season.
- The Blue Jays pitching staff ranks 12th in the league with a collective 8.7 strikeouts per nine innings.
- Blue Jays pitchers combine to rank 21st in baseball in home runs given up (178 total, 1.1 per game).