Table of Contents
Miguel Cabrera is only three hits away from his 100th of the season as his Detroit Tigers (63-93) ready for a matchup against the Minnesota Twins (77-81) on Sunday at 12:10 PM ET. The Tigers are favored (-111) over the Twins (-110). Detroit’s Joey Wentz gets the start against Minnesota’s Simeon Woods Richardson.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Tigers vs. Twins
- Game Day: Sunday, October 2, 2022
- Game Time: 12:10 PM ET
- TV Channel: BSDET
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Comerica Park
Tigers Stats & Trends
- The Tigers have hit 103 home runs this season, the lowest total in baseball.
- The Tigers’ .231 batting average ranks 25th in MLB.
- The Tigers’ .286 on-base percentage is the second-worst in the league.
- The Tigers’ 8.7 strikeouts per game rank 21st in baseball.
- The Tigers average 0.6 homers per home game this season (49 total at home).
- The Tigers are slugging .344 with 2.2 extra-base hits per game in home contests.
- The club is batting .233 with 605 hits (7.6 per game) at home this season.
Tigers Key Batters
- Javier Baez has 130 hits and an OBP of .281 to go with a slugging percentage of .393. All three of those stats lead Detroit hitters this season.
- Among qualifying hitters, Baez ranks 100th in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 128th, and he is 104th in slugging.
- Harold Castro is batting .273 with 20 doubles, two triples, seven home runs and 17 walks.
- Jeimer Candelario is batting .210 with a .360 slugging percentage and 48 RBI this year.
- Jonathan Schoop has 11 home runs, 38 RBI and a batting average of .204 this season.
Twins Stats & Trends
- The Twins have hit 174 homers this season, which ranks 13th in the league.
- The Twins’ .249 batting average ranks 11th in the league this season.
- The Twins have an OBP of .318 this season, which ranks seventh in MLB.
- The Twins rank 12th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.3 whiffs per contest.
- They have averaged 1.1 home runs per game in their 77 road contests this season.
- They are slugging .393 in 77 road games this season.
- In 77 road games this season, they have a batting average of .243 while averaging 8.4 base hits per contest.
Twins Key Batters
- Luis Arraez has put up an on-base percentage of .372 and a slugging percentage of .419. Both lead the Twins.
- Including all the qualified hitters in MLB, Arraez’s batting average puts him fourth, his on-base percentage is 13th, and he is 75th in slugging.
- Arraez enters this matchup on a seven-game hitting streak. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .300 with a double, a walk and an RBI.
- Carlos Correa has racked up 147 hits to lead his team.
- Including all qualified hitters, Correa ranks 23rd in batting average, 19th in on-base percentage and 36th in slugging percentage.
- Gio Urshela has 27 doubles, three triples, 12 home runs and 40 walks while hitting .285.
- Jose Miranda is hitting .272 with 25 doubles, 15 home runs and 27 walks.
Tigers vs. Twins Probable Pitchers