Table of Contents
The Colorado Rockies (65-93) will look to break a seven-game losing streak when they visit the Los Angeles Dodgers (110-48) on Sunday at 4:10 PM ET. The Rockies (+246) are not projected to end the streak against the Dodgers (-306). Tyler Anderson gets the starting nod for Los Angeles, and German Marquez is Colorado’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Dodgers vs. Rockies
- Game Day: Sunday, October 2, 2022
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Stadium: Dodger Stadium
Dodgers Stats & Trends
- The Dodgers are fifth-best in MLB play with 207 total home runs.
- The Dodgers’ .258 batting average is second-best in the majors.
- The Los Angeles Dodgers lead the league with a .335 on-base percentage.
- The Dodgers strike out 8.5 times per game, the No. 14 mark in the league.
- The Dodgers average 1.3 homers per home game this season (101 total at home).
- The Dodgers have a .461 slugging percentage and are averaging 3.6 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team averages 8.8 hits per game and is batting .265 at home this season.
Dodgers Key Batters
- Freddie Freeman leads Los Angeles in OBP (.409), slugging percentage (.510) and OPS (.919) this season.
- Among all qualifying batters in MLB, Freeman is first in batting average, second in on-base percentage, and 12th in slugging.
- Freeman hopes to build on a four-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .357 with nine walks and three RBI.
- Mookie Betts leads Los Angeles in total hits (153) this season while batting .271 with 78 extra-base hits.
- Among qualified hitters, Betts ranks 41st in batting average, 45th in on-base percentage and fourth in slugging percentage.
- Betts has picked up at least one hit in five straight games. In his last five games he is batting .364 with five doubles, two walks and an RBI.
- Trea Turner is batting .299 with a .467 slugging percentage and 97 RBI this year.
- Will Smith has been key for Los Angeles with 132 hits, an OBP of .350 plus a slugging percentage of .476.
- Smith heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .304 with a double, a home run and three RBI.
Rockies Stats & Trends
- The Rockies have hit 144 homers this season, which ranks 23rd in the league.
- The Rockies’ .255 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking sixth in MLB.
- The Rockies have an OBP of .317 this season, which ranks 10th in MLB.
- The Rockies are one of the most disciplined teams at the plate this season, ranking ninth with an average of 8.1 strikeouts per game.
- They’ve hit 46 homers, an average of 0.6 per game, in 77 road contests this season.
- They are slugging .333 in 77 road games this season.
- They are averaging 7.6 base hits per game and batting .225 on the road this season.
Rockies Key Batters
- C.J. Cron has a team-high slugging percentage (.474) and leads the Rockies in hits (148).
- Including all qualifying hitters in the big leagues, Cron’s batting average puts him 62nd, his on-base percentage is 81st, and he is 27th in slugging.
- Brendan Rodgers is batting .266 with 30 doubles, three triples, 11 home runs and 45 walks.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Rodgers’ batting average places him 52nd, his on-base percentage ranks 69th, and he is 92nd in slugging.
- Ryan McMahon has racked up an on-base percentage of .326, a team-high for the Rockies.
- Randal Grichuk is batting .262 with 21 doubles, two triples, 18 home runs and 24 walks.
Dodgers vs. Rockies Probable Pitchers