Table of Contents
Luis Garcia will attempt to pick up his 15th win of the campaign when his Houston Astros (103-55) host the Tampa Bay Rays (86-72) at Minute Maid Park on Sunday at 2:10 PM ET. The Astros are favored in the matchup (-169) against the Rays (+144). Garcia starts for Houston while Tampa Bay will counter with Corey Kluber.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Astros vs. Rays
- Game Day: Sunday, October 2, 2022
- Game Time: 2:10 PM ET
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Stadium: Minute Maid Park
Astros Stats & Trends
- The Astros are fourth in MLB action with 209 home runs. They average 1.3 per game.
- The Astros have the 13th-ranked batting average in the majors (.246).
- The Astros’ .318 on-base percentage is seventh-best in baseball.
- The Astros strike out 7.3 times per game, the second-best mark in baseball.
- The Astros average 1.4 homers per home game this season (111 total at home).
- The Astros are averaging 3.2 extra-base hits per game while slugging .445 at home.
- The team averages 8.2 hits per game and is batting .253 at home this season.
Astros Key Batters
- Yordan Alvarez has 138 hits and an OBP of .405, both of which lead Houston hitters this season.
- Among the qualifying hitters in baseball, Alvarez’s batting average ranks eighth, his on-base percentage ranks third, and he is second in slugging.
- Alex Bregman is hitting .260 with 38 doubles, 23 home runs and 85 walks.
- Bregman is 65th in batting average, 16th in on-base percentage and 40th in slugging in MLB.
- Jose Altuve has hit 28 homers with a team-high .525 SLG this season.
- Kyle Tucker has 29 home runs, 104 RBI and a batting average of .259 this season.
Rays Stats & Trends
- The Rays rank 25th in Major League Baseball with 135 home runs.
- The Rays have a team batting average of .240 this season, which ranks 16th among MLB teams.
- The Rays have an OBP of .309 this season, which ranks 20th in MLB.
- The Rays rank 19th in strikeouts per game (8.6) among MLB offenses.
- They have averaged 0.8 home runs per game in their 77 road contests this season.
- In 77 road games this season, they’re slugging .369 with 213 hits going for extra bases.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .239 with 8.4 base hits per contest.
Rays Key Batters
- Yandy Diaz has put up an on-base percentage of .403, a team-best for the Rays.
- Diaz ranks 14th in batting average, fifth in on-base percentage and 69th in slugging percentage among all qualifying batters in MLB.
- Diaz enters this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .429 with a double, two walks and three RBI.
- Randy Arozarena’s 153 hits and .451 slugging percentage both lead his team.
- Arozarena’s batting average ranks 52nd among all qualified players, his on-base percentage ranks 62nd, and he is 45th in slugging.
- Harold Ramirez has 24 doubles, six home runs and 19 walks while batting .309.
- Isaac Paredes is batting .212 with 16 doubles, 20 home runs and 41 walks.
Astros vs. Rays Probable Pitchers