Table of Contents
Mike Yastrzemski brings a two-game home run streak into the San Francisco Giants’ (79-79) matchup against the Arizona Diamondbacks (73-85). The Giants are favored on the moneyline (-120) for this contest against the Diamondbacks (+101), which begins at 4:05 PM ET on Sunday at Oracle Park. Scott Alexander starts for San Francisco, and Zach Davies is Arizona’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Giants vs. Diamondbacks
- Game Day: Sunday, October 2, 2022
- Game Time: 4:05 PM ET
- Location: San Francisco, California
- Stadium: Oracle Park
Giants Stats & Trends
- The Giants rank 12th in MLB action with 179 total home runs.
- The Giants have the 23rd-ranked batting average in the majors (.234).
- The Giants rank 13th in baseball with a .315 on-base percentage.
- Giants hitters strike out 9.0 times per game, the 26th-most in the league.
- The Giants average 1.1 homers per game when playing at home this season (85 total in home outings).
- The Giants are averaging 2.8 extra-base hits per game while slugging .394 at home.
- The team averages 7.8 hits per game and is batting .239 at home this season.
Giants Key Batters
- Wilmer Flores is hitting .231 with 27 doubles, a triple, 19 home runs and 56 walks.
- Among all qualified hitters in baseball, Flores is 116th in batting average, 88th in on-base percentage, and 92nd in slugging.
- Thairo Estrada leads San Francisco in OBP (.324), slugging percentage (.408) and total hits (126) this season.
- Estrada’s batting average is 57th among qualified players, his on-base percentage 69th, and his slugging percentage 84th.
- Joc Pederson has collected 103 base hits, an OBP of .353 and a slugging percentage of .527 this season.
- Pederson has picked up a hit in five games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .471 with a double, three triples, a home run, four walks and four RBI.
- Yastrzemski has been key for San Francisco with 101 hits, an OBP of .306 plus a slugging percentage of .394.
- Yastrzemski has safely hit in four games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .263 with a double, two home runs, a walk and five RBI.
Diamondbacks Stats & Trends
- The Diamondbacks have hit 169 homers this season, which ranks 15th in the league.
- The Diamondbacks have a team batting average of just .230 this season, which ranks 26th among MLB teams.
- The Diamondbacks have the 22nd-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.305).
- The Diamondbacks rank 11th in strikeouts per game (8.3) among MLB offenses.
- In 77 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 98 homers, an average of 1.3 per contest.
- They are slugging .398 in 77 road games this season.
- They are averaging 7.8 base hits per game and batting .229 on the road this season.
Diamondbacks Key Batters
- Christian Walker has 135 hits with a .478 slugging percentage, both team-best figures for the Diamondbacks.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in the big leagues, Walker is 104th in batting average, 67th in on-base percentage and 21st in slugging percentage.
- Walker hopes to build on a three-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .273 with two doubles, a triple and five RBI.
- Daulton Varsho is hitting .237 with 23 doubles, three triples, 27 home runs and 46 walks.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Varsho is 108th in batting average, 107th in on-base percentage and 45th in slugging percentage.
- Josh Rojas has accumulated a team-best .346 on-base percentage.
- Jake McCarthy is hitting .290 with 15 doubles, three triples, eight home runs and 23 walks.
Giants vs. Diamondbacks Probable Pitchers