Table of Contents
Miguel Cabrera sits at 97 hits this season, and will look for his 100th when his Detroit Tigers (63-93) meet the Minnesota Twins (77-81) on Sunday at 12:10 PM ET. The Tigers are the underdog (-105) in this matchup with the Twins (-114). Minnesota has Simeon Woods Richardson starting things off, and Detroit will counter with Joey Wentz.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Twins vs. Tigers
- Game Day: Sunday, October 2, 2022
- Game Time: 12:10 PM ET
- TV Channel: BSDET
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Comerica Park
Twins Stats & Trends
- The Twins average 1.1 home runs per game to rank 13th in MLB action with 174 total home runs .
- The Twins’ .249 batting average ranks 11th in MLB.
- The Twins’ .318 on-base percentage ranks seventh-best in baseball.
- The Twins strike out 8.3 times per game, the No. 12 mark in baseball.
- The Twins have hit 85 home runs on the road this season (1.1 per game).
- The Twins are averaging 2.8 extra-base hits per game while slugging .393 on the road.
- The team averages 8.4 hits per game and is batting .243 away from home this season.
Twins Key Batters
- Luis Arraez leads Minnesota in OBP (.372), slugging percentage (.419) and OPS (.791) this season.
- Arraez ranks fourth in batting average, 13th in on-base percentage, and 75th in slugging among all qualified hitters in MLB.
- Arraez hopes to build on a seven-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last 10 outings he is batting .300 with a double, a walk and an RBI.
- Carlos Correa leads Minnesota in total hits (147) this season while batting .287 with 46 extra-base hits.
- Correa’s batting average is 23rd among qualified players, his on-base percentage 19th, and his slugging percentage 36th.
- Correa heads into this game looking to extend his three-game hit streak. In his last five games he is hitting .227 with a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Gio Urshela has collected 139 base hits, an OBP of .338 and a slugging percentage of .427 this season.
- Urshela brings a seven-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last 10 outings he is batting .444 with two doubles, five walks and four RBI.
- Jose Miranda has 15 home runs, 66 RBI and a batting average of .272 this season.
- Miranda has safely hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with two doubles, a walk and two RBI.
Tigers Stats & Trends
- The Tigers rank last in Major League Baseball with just 103 home runs as a team.
- The Tigers’ .231 batting average ranks 25th in the league this season.
- The Tigers have an on-base percentage of .286 this season, which ranks 29th in the league.
- The Tigers rank 21st in strikeouts per game (8.7) among MLB offenses.
- They have averaged 0.6 home runs per game in their 80 home contests this season.
- In 80 home games this season, they’re slugging .344 with 173 hits going for extra bases.
- In 80 home games this season, they have a batting average of .233 while averaging 7.6 base hits per contest.
Tigers Key Batters
- Javier Baez has put up an on-base percentage of .281, a slugging percentage of .393, and has 130 hits, all club-bests for the Tigers.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Baez ranks 100th in batting average, while his on-base percentage ranks 128th and he is 104th in slugging.
- Harold Castro is hitting .273 with 20 doubles, two triples, seven home runs and 17 walks.
- Jeimer Candelario has 19 doubles, two triples, 13 home runs and 27 walks while batting .210.
- Jonathan Schoop is batting .204 with 23 doubles, a triple, 11 home runs and 18 walks.
Twins vs. Tigers Probable Pitchers