Booksmakers give the Atlanta Braves (100-59) the edge (-147 on the moneyline) to add to their three-game winning streak when they take on the Miami Marlins (67-92), at +126, on Monday at 6:40 PM ET. Atlanta’s Bryce Elder starts against Miami’s Jesus Luzardo.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Braves vs. Marlins
- Game Day: Monday, October 3, 2022
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: Miami, Florida
- Stadium: loanDepot park
Braves Stats & Trends
- The Braves average 1.5 home runs per game to rank second in baseball with 241 total home runs.
- The Braves have the eighth-best batting average in the league (.253).
- The Braves’ .317 on-base percentage is 10th-best in baseball.
- The Braves’ 9.2 strikeouts per game are the third-most in baseball.
- The Braves average 1.5 home runs per game when playing away from home this season (116 total in road contests).
- The Braves are slugging .436 with 3.5 extra-base hits per game in road contests.
- The club averages 8.8 hits per game and is batting .250 on the road this season.
Braves Key Batters
- Austin Riley leads Atlanta with 168 hits and an OBP of .351 this season.
- Among all qualifying hitters, Riley ranks 34th in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 30th, and he is fifth in slugging.
- Matt Olson has 43 doubles, 33 home runs and 75 walks while batting .241.
- Olson’s batting average ranks 100th among qualified players, his on-base percentage 65th, and his slugging percentage 22nd.
- Olson brings a seven-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. In his last nine games he is hitting .367 with a double, five home runs, six walks and 10 RBI.
- Dansby Swanson leads Atlanta in slugging percentage (.448) powered by 57 extra-base hits.
- Swanson heads into this game with three games in a row with at least one hit. In his last five games he is hitting .238 with three home runs, a walk and four RBI.
- Michael Harris II has been key for Atlanta with 122 hits, an OBP of .337 plus a slugging percentage of .518.
Marlins Stats & Trends
- The Marlins have hit 140 homers this season, which ranks 24th in the league.
- The Marlins rank 27th in MLB with a team batting average of just .229.
- The Marlins are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking 27th with an OBP of .293.
- The Marlins rank 23rd with an average of 8.8 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 0.9 home runs per game in their 78 home contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .373 in home games this season with 207 extra-base hits.
- In 78 home games this season, they have a batting average of .234 while averaging 7.7 base hits per contest.
Marlins Key Batters
- Miguel Rojas has totaled 111 hits with a .282 on-base percentage and a .324 slugging percentage, all club-bests for the Marlins.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the big leagues, Rojas is 109th in batting average, 129th in on-base percentage and 132nd in slugging percentage.
- Rojas hopes to build on a three-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .250 with a double and an RBI.
- Jon Berti is hitting .231 with 16 doubles, two triples, four home runs and 40 walks.
- Joey Wendle has 24 doubles, a triple, three home runs and 15 walks while hitting .265.
- Bryan De La Cruz is batting .243 with 18 doubles, 12 home runs and 18 walks.
Braves vs. Marlins Probable Pitchers