Table of Contents
Both the New York Mets (98-61) and the Washington Nationals (55-104) head into Monday’s outing on losing streaks. The favored Mets (-304) have lost three straight games, while the underdog Nationals (+248) have dropped their last two. Carlos Carrasco gets the starting nod for New York, and Cory Abbott is Washington’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mets vs. Nationals
- Game Day: Monday, October 3, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Queens, New York
- Stadium: Citi Field
Mets Stats & Trends
- The Mets are 16th in baseball with 164 total home runs.
- The Mets’ .258 batting average is second-best in MLB.
- The Mets rank second in the league with a .331 on-base percentage.
- Mets hitters strike out 7.5 times per game, the fourth-fewest strikeouts in baseball.
- The Mets have hit 74 home runs at home this season (0.9 per game).
- The Mets are averaging 2.5 extra-base hits per game while slugging .391 at home.
- The club averages 8.2 hits per game and is batting .251 at home this season.
Mets Key Batters
- Pete Alonso leads New York with 159 hits, batting .269 this season with 66 extra-base hits.
- Among qualifying batters in MLB, Alonso’s batting average ranks 44th, his on-base percentage ranks 33rd, and he is 11th in slugging.
- Alonso has hit safely in three straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .222 with a home run, three walks and three RBI.
- Francisco Lindor has 24 doubles, five triples, 25 home runs and 59 walks while hitting .271.
- Lindor is 42nd in batting average, 43rd in on-base percentage and 51st in slugging in MLB.
- Brandon Nimmo has 153 hits this season and has a slash line of .267/.363/.414.
- Nimmo has picked up a hit in three straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .263 with three walks.
- Jeff McNeil is slashing .326/.381/.448 this season and leads the Mets with an OPS of .829.
- McNeil takes an eight-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last 10 games he is hitting .395 with a double, a home run, two walks and three RBI.
Nationals Stats & Trends
- The Nationals rank 28th in Major League Baseball with just 134 home runs as a team.
- The Nationals rank 11th in MLB with a .249 team batting average.
- The Nationals have an on-base percentage of .311 this season, which ranks 17th in the league.
- The Nationals have shown patience at the plate this season with the third-best rate of strikeouts per game (7.5) among MLB offenses.
- In 78 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 58 homers, an average of 0.7 per contest.
- They are slugging .379 in 78 road games this season.
- In 78 road games this season, they have a batting average of .259 while averaging 8.9 base hits per contest.
Nationals Key Batters
- Lane Thomas has collected 119 hits, a team-high for the Nationals.
- Including all qualified hitters, Thomas is 92nd in batting average, while his on-base percentage is 111th and he is 81st in slugging.
- Cesar Hernandez’s .319 slugging percentage paces his team.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Hernandez is 84th in batting average, 97th in on-base percentage and 133rd in slugging percentage.
- Luke Voit a has .313 on-base percentage to lead the Nationals.
- Nelson Cruz’s .313 OBP leads his team.
Mets vs. Nationals Probable Pitchers