Table of Contents
Jean Segura sits at 98 hits this season, and will try to collect his 100th when his Philadelphia Phillies (86-73) take on the Houston Astros (104-55) on Monday at 8:10 PM ET. The Phillies are the underdog (+104) in this contest against the Astros (-125). Houston has Lance McCullers Jr. starting, while Philadelphia counters with Aaron Nola.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Astros vs. Phillies
- Game Day: Monday, October 3, 2022
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Stadium: Minute Maid Park
Astros Stats & Trends
- The Astros are fourth in MLB play with 210 home runs. They average 1.3 per game.
- The Astros’ .246 batting average ranks 13th in the majors.
- The Astros rank seventh in the league with an on-base percentage of .318.
- Astros batters strike out 7.3 times per game, the second-lowest average in the league.
- The Astros average 1.4 homers per game when playing at home this season (112 total in home outings).
- The Astros have a .445 slugging percentage and are averaging 3.2 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team is batting .254 with 638 hits (8.2 per game) at home this season.
Astros Key Batters
- Yordan Alvarez has 138 hits and an OBP of .404, both of which rank first among Houston hitters this season.
- Among qualified hitters in baseball, Alvarez’s batting average ranks 10th, his on-base percentage ranks third, and he is second in slugging.
- Alex Bregman is hitting .260 with 38 doubles, 23 home runs and 85 walks.
- Among qualified hitters, Bregman’s batting average places him 65th, his on-base percentage 16th, and his slugging percentage 41st.
- Jose Altuve has an OPS of .911, fueled by an OBP of .384 and a team-best slugging percentage of .527 this season.
- Altuve takes a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .375 with three doubles, two home runs, two walks and two RBI.
- Kyle Tucker has 29 home runs, 104 RBI and a batting average of .259 this season.
Phillies Stats & Trends
- The Phillies have hit 202 homers this season, which ranks sixth in the league.
- The Phillies rank seventh in MLB with a .254 team batting average.
- The Phillies have an OBP of .317 this season, which ranks 10th in MLB.
- The Phillies rank 12th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.3 whiffs per contest.
- They have averaged 1.2 home runs per game in their 78 road contests this season.
- They are slugging .406 in 78 road games this season.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .248 with 8.6 base hits per contest.
Phillies Key Batters
- Kyle Schwarber paces the Phillies with 124 hits.
- Schwarber is 128th in batting average, 80th in on-base percentage and 17th in slugging percentage among all qualified batters in the majors.
- Schwarber enters this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .353 with a triple, two home runs, five walks and five RBI.
- J.T. Realmuto’s .340 OBP leads his team.
- Including all qualifying players, Realmuto ranks 38th in batting average, 48th in on-base percentage and 21st in slugging percentage.
- Rhys Hoskins is hitting .249 with 33 doubles, two triples, 30 home runs and 71 walks.
- Alec Bohm is slugging .402 to pace his team.
Astros vs. Phillies Probable Pitchers