Table of Contents
The Boston Red Sox kick off the MLB season as home underdogs (+116) against the Tampa Bay Rays (-138) at Fenway Park on Monday. First pitch is at 7:10 PM ET. Tampa Bay’s Tyler Glasnow and Boston’s Rich Hill pitch first for their squads in this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Rays vs. Red Sox
- Game Day: Monday, October 3, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Stadium: Fenway Park
Rays Stats & Trends
- The Rays averaged 1.4 home runs per game to rank sixth in MLB action with 222 total home runs last season.
- The Rays had the 14th-ranked batting average in the majors (.243).
- Last season the Rays scored the second-most runs in baseball (857 total, 5.3 per game).
- The club’s 9.5 strikeouts per game were the third-most in baseball.
- The Rays hit 123 home runs away from home last season (1.6 per game).
- The Rays slugged .440 with 3.7 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- The team averaged 8.7 hits per game and batted .245 away from home last season.
Rays Key Batters
- Randy Arozarena had an OBP of .356 to go with a slugging percentage of .459 last season.
- Yandy Diaz slashed .256/.353/.387 and finished with an OPS of .740.
- David Peralta ended his last campaign with 126 hits, an OBP of .325, plus a slugging percentage of .402.
- Manuel Margot slashed .254/.313/.382 and finished with an OPS of .695.
Red Sox Stats & Trends
Red Sox Batting
- The Red Sox ranked 10th in Major League Baseball with 219 home runs.
- The Red Sox’s .261 batting average was among the best in baseball, ranking third in MLB.
- The Red Sox were among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking fifth with 829 total runs last season.
- The Red Sox had the 11th-ranked strikeouts per game rate (8.6) among MLB offenses.
- In 80 games at home last season, they hit 108 homers, an average of 1.4 per contest.
- They had a team slugging percentage of .485 in home games last season with 313 extra-base hits.
- They averaged 9.5 base hits per game and hit .283 as a team at home last season.
Red Sox Key Batters
- Rafael Devers accumulated 165 hits with a .538 slugging percentage last season.
- J.D. Martinez hit .286 with 42 doubles, three triples, 28 home runs and 55 walks.
- Xander Bogaerts accumulated a .370 on-base percentage last season while batting .295.
- Alex Verdugo hit .289 with 32 doubles, two triples, 13 home runs and 51 walks.
Rays vs. Red Sox Probable Pitchers