Table of Contents
The New York Yankees are road favorites (-148) against the Texas Rangers (+126) in the first game of the MLB campaign at Globe Life Field on Monday. The game starts at 7:05 PM ET. Luis Severino takes the mound first for New York, and Martin Perez is Texas’ pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Yankees vs. Rangers
- Game Day: Monday, October 3, 2022
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Stadium: Globe Life Field
Yankees Stats & Trends
- The Yankees ranked sixth-best in MLB play last season with 222 total home runs.
- The Yankees ranked 23rd in the majors with a .237 batting average.
- Last season the Yankees were the 19th-highest scoring team in MLB action averaging 4.4 runs per game (711 total).
- The team struck out 9.1 times per game to rank 25th in the league.
- The Yankees averaged 1.4 home runs per game when playing away from home last season (116 total in road contests).
- The Yankees averaged three extra-base hits per game while slugging .416 on the road.
- The team averaged 8.3 hits per game and batted .242 away from home last season.
Yankees Key Batters
- Aaron Judge had 158 hits and an OBP of .373 last season.
- DJ LeMahieu slashed .268/.349/.362 and finished with an OPS of .711.
- Last season, Giancarlo Stanton finished with 35 home runs, 97 RBI and a batting average of .273 last season.
- Anthony Rizzo slashed .248/.344/.440 and finished with an OPS of .784.
Rangers Stats & Trends
- The Rangers ranked 26th in Major League Baseball with just 167 home runs as a team.
- The Rangers had a team batting average of just .232 last season, which ranked 29th among MLB teams.
- The Rangers scored 625 runs (just 3.9 per game) last season, which ranked 28th in MLB.
- The Rangers showed patience at the plate last season with the 10th-best rate of strikeouts per game (8.5) among MLB offenses.
- They hit 91 homers, an average of 1.1 per game, in 81 home contests last season.
- In 81 home games last season, they had a .387 SLG with 207 hits going for extra bases.
- They averaged 7.7 base hits per game and hit .237 as a team at home last season.
Rangers Key Batters
- Marcus Semien put up a slugging percentage of .538 while collecting 173 hits a season ago.
- Nate Lowe had a .357 OBP and batted .264.
- Adolis Garcia hit .243 with 26 doubles, two triples, 31 home runs and 32 walks a season ago.
- Corey Seager hit .306 with 22 doubles, three triples, 16 home runs and 48 walks.
Yankees vs. Rangers Probable Pitchers