Table of Contents
The Cincinnati Reds take the field as home favorites (-134) in the first game of the season against the Chicago Cubs (+113) at Great American Ball Park on Monday at 6:40 PM ET. Cincinnati’s Hunter Greene and Chicago’s Hayden Wesneski will start this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Reds vs. Cubs
- Game Day: Monday, October 3, 2022
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Stadium: Great American Ball Park
Reds Stats & Trends
- The Reds ranked sixth-best in baseball last season with 222 total home runs.
- The Reds’ .249 batting average was sixth-best in the majors.
- Last season the Reds were the ninth-highest scoring team in baseball averaging 4.9 runs per game (786 total).
- The club struck out 8.8 times per game, the No. 19 mark in baseball.
- The Reds averaged 1.6 homers per home game last season (127 total at home).
- The Reds averaged 3.5 extra-base hits per game while slugging .468 in home contests.
- The club averaged 8.7 hits per game and batted .263 at home last season.
Reds Key Batters
- Jonathan India finished with an OPS of .835 last season, fueled by a .376 OBP and a slugging percentage of .459.
- Kyle Farmer slashed .263/.316/.416 and finished with an OPS of .732.
- Last season, Donovan Solano finished with seven home runs, 31 RBI and a batting average of .280 last season.
- Jake Fraley slashed .210/.352/.369 and finished with an OPS of .721.
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs’ 210 home runs ranked 11th in Major League Baseball.
- The Cubs ranked 23rd in MLB with a .237 team batting average.
- The Cubs ranked 21st in the league with 705 total runs scored last season.
- The Cubs were one of the least disciplined teams at the plate last season, ranking last with an average of 9.9 strikeouts per game.
- In 81 games on the road last season, they hit 99 homers, an average of 1.2 per contest.
- They had a team slugging percentage of .395 in away games last season with 233 extra-base hits.
- They averaged 7.9 base hits per game and had a .233 batting average on the road last season.
Cubs Key Batters
- Franmil Reyes racked up a .522 slugging percentage and a .254 batting average last year.
- Ian Happ had 105 hits and a .323 on-base percentage.
- Willson Contreras had 20 doubles, 21 home runs and 52 walks while batting .237 last season.
- Yan Gomes hit .252 with 15 doubles, a triple, 14 home runs and 19 walks.
Reds vs. Cubs Probable Pitchers