Table of Contents
Sportsbooks don’t expect the Miami Marlins (68-92), at +141 on the moneyline, to continue their three-game winning streak when they meet the Atlanta Braves (100-60), at -165, on Tuesday at 6:40 PM ET. Atlanta has Jake Odorizzi set to start, while Miami will counter with Braxton Garrett.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Braves vs. Marlins
- Game Day: Tuesday, October 4, 2022
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: Miami, Florida
- Stadium: loanDepot park
Braves Stats & Trends
- The Braves are second in baseball with 241 home runs. They average 1.5 per game.
- The Braves have the eighth-best batting average in the league (.252).
- The Braves’ .316 on-base percentage ranks 11th in the league.
- The Braves’ 9.2 strikeouts per game are the third-most in the league.
- The Braves average 1.5 home runs per game when playing away from home this season (116 total in road contests).
- The Braves have a .433 slugging percentage and are averaging 3.5 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- Away from home this season the club averages 8.7 hits per game and is batting .249.
Braves Key Batters
- Austin Riley leads Atlanta with 168 hits and an OBP of .349 this season.
- Among the qualifying hitters in MLB, Riley’s batting average ranks 33rd, his on-base percentage ranks 31st, and he is sixth in slugging.
- Matt Olson is batting .239 with 43 doubles, 33 home runs and 75 walks.
- Among all qualified hitters, Olson is 100th in batting average, 65th in on-base percentage and 25th in slugging percentage.
- Dansby Swanson has an OPS of .780, fueled by an OBP of .330 and a team-best slugging percentage of .450 this season.
- Swanson has recorded a hit in four games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .300 with a double, three home runs, a walk and four RBI.
- Michael Harris II is batting .296 with a .336 OBP and 64 RBI for Atlanta this season.
Marlins Stats & Trends
- The Marlins’ 141 home runs rank 24th in Major League Baseball.
- The Marlins rank 27th in MLB with a team batting average of just .230.
- The Marlins have an OBP of just .293 this season, which ranks 27th in MLB.
- The Marlins rank 22nd with an average of 8.8 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 0.9 home runs per game in their 79 home contests this season.
- In 79 home games this season, they’re slugging .374 with 211 hits going for extra bases.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .235 with 7.7 base hits per contest.
Marlins Key Batters
- Miguel Rojas has a team-best OBP (.283) and slugging percentage (.323), and leads the Marlins in hits (111).
- Including all qualifying hitters, Rojas ranks 106th in batting average, while his on-base percentage ranks 126th and he is 129th in slugging.
- Jon Berti is batting .234 with 16 doubles, two triples, four home runs and 40 walks.
- Joey Wendle is hitting .265 with 24 doubles, a triple, three home runs and 15 walks.
- Bryan De La Cruz has 19 doubles, 13 home runs and 18 walks while hitting .249.
Braves vs. Marlins Probable Pitchers