Table of Contents
The St. Louis Cardinals (92-68) will look to Albert Pujols, who is riding a two-game home run streak, when they square off against the Pittsburgh Pirates (61-99). The Cardinals are moneyline favorites (-116) for this outing against the Pirates (-103), which starts at 6:35 PM ET on Tuesday at PNC Park. Dakota Hudson starts for St. Louis while Pittsburgh will counter with JT Brubaker.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cardinals vs. Pirates
- Game Day: Tuesday, October 4, 2022
- Game Time: 6:35 PM ET
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: PNC Park
Cardinals Stats & Trends
- The Cardinals average 1.2 home runs per game to rank eighth in baseball with 197 total home runs.
- The Cardinals have the eighth-best batting average in the league (.252).
- The Cardinals’ .325 on-base percentage ranks fourth-best in baseball.
- Cardinals batters strike out 7.6 times per game, the fifth-lowest average in baseball.
- The Cardinals have hit 99 home runs on the road this season (1.3 per game).
- The Cardinals are slugging .421 with 3.3 extra-base hits per game on the road.
- The club averages 8.9 hits per game and is batting .253 on the road this season.
Cardinals Key Batters
- Paul Goldschmidt leads St. Louis with 178 hits and an OBP of .406, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .581.
- Among qualified hitters in MLB, Goldschmidt’s batting average ranks third, his on-base percentage ranks second, and he is third in slugging.
- Nolan Arenado is batting .292 with 42 doubles, a triple, 30 home runs and 52 walks.
- Among qualifying hitters, Arenado’s batting average ranks him 18th, his on-base percentage 24th, and his slugging percentage fifth.
- Tommy Edman has collected 150 base hits, an OBP of .322 and a slugging percentage of .396 this season.
- Pujols is batting .269 with a .344 OBP and 66 RBI for St. Louis this season.
- Pujols has safely hit in four straight games. In his last five games he is batting .385 with a double, three home runs, three walks and eight RBI.
Pirates Stats & Trends
- The Pirates’ 158 home runs rank 17th in Major League Baseball.
- The Pirates rank 29th in MLB with a team batting average of just .221.
- The Pirates are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking 28th with an OBP of .289.
- The Pirates rank just 29th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 9.3 whiffs per contest.
- They have averaged 0.9 home runs per game in their 79 home contests this season.
- They are slugging .367 in 79 home games this season.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .226 with 7.3 base hits per contest.
Pirates Key Batters
- Bryan Reynolds has an on-base percentage of .342, a slugging percentage of .459, and has 140 hits, all club-bests for the Pirates.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the majors, Reynolds is 61st in batting average, 41st in on-base percentage and 38th in slugging percentage.
- Reynolds brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .150 with a double, a home run and two RBI.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes has 24 doubles, three triples, seven home runs and 47 walks while batting .243.
- Including all qualified hitters, Hayes ranks 90th in batting average, 90th in on-base percentage and 121st in slugging percentage.
- Ben Gamel has 20 doubles, two triples, nine home runs and 48 walks while hitting .232.
- Oneil Cruz has 13 doubles, four triples, 17 home runs and 27 walks while batting .230.
Cardinals vs. Pirates Probable Pitchers