Table of Contents
Jameson Taillon’s New York Yankees (98-61) are favored on the moneyline (-115) against the Texas Rangers (66-93), who are at -105, on Tuesday as he tries to pick up his 15th victory of the campaign. The matchup starts at 2:05 PM ET. Taillon takes the mound first for New York, and Jon Gray is Texas’ choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Yankees vs. Rangers
- Game Day: Tuesday, October 4, 2022
- Game Time: 2:05 PM ET
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Stadium: Globe Life Field
Yankees Stats & Trends
- The New York Yankees average 1.6 home runs per game and have hit a league-high 248 home runs in total.
- The Yankees rank 15th in MLB with a .242 batting average.
- The Yankees’ .325 on-base percentage ranks fourth-best in baseball.
- The Yankees strike out 8.6 times per game, the No. 16 average in baseball.
- The Yankees average 1.4 home runs per road game this season (112 total away from home).
- The Yankees are averaging 3.0 extra-base hits per game while slugging .414 on the road.
- Away from home this season the club averages 8.4 hits per game and is batting .243.
Yankees Key Batters
- Aaron Judge leads New York in OBP (.426), slugging percentage (.686) and total hits (175) this season.
- Among qualified batters in MLB, Judge is fifth in batting average, first in on-base percentage, and first in slugging.
- Anthony Rizzo has 21 doubles, a triple, 32 home runs and 57 walks while hitting .227.
- Rizzo ranks 117th in batting average, 48th in on-base percentage and 20th in slugging among qualifying batters.
- Gleyber Torres is batting .255 with a .447 slugging percentage and 76 RBI this year.
- DJ LeMahieu is batting .261 with a .357 OBP and 46 RBI for New York this season.
- LeMahieu has safely hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .111 with a walk.
Rangers Stats & Trends
- The Rangers’ 194 home runs rank ninth in Major League Baseball.
- The Rangers have a team batting average of .238 this season, which ranks 18th among MLB teams.
- The Rangers have the 25th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.300).
- The Rangers rank 24th in strikeouts per game (8.9) among MLB offenses.
- In 78 games at home this season, they’ve hit 97 homers, an average of 1.2 per contest.
- In 78 home games this season, they’re slugging .400 with 211 hits going for extra bases.
- In 78 home games this season, they have a batting average of .240 while averaging 7.9 base hits per contest.
Rangers Key Batters
- Marcus Semien has 31 doubles, five triples, 26 home runs and 53 walks while hitting .250.
- Including all qualifying hitters in the big leagues, Semien’s batting average places him 75th, his on-base percentage is 100th, and he is 58th in slugging.
- Corey Seager has 23 doubles, a triple, 33 home runs and 58 walks while hitting .241.
- Seager is 95th in batting average, 88th in on-base percentage and 43rd in slugging percentage in MLB.
- Nate Lowe has an on-base percentage of .355, a slugging percentage of .493, and has 176 hits, all club-bests for the Rangers.
- Adolis Garcia has 33 doubles, five triples, 26 home runs and 40 walks while batting .249.
Yankees vs. Rangers Probable Pitchers