Table of Contents
The Detroit Tigers (65-93) will look to Eric Haase, who is riding a two-game home run streak, when they face the Seattle Mariners (87-72). The Mariners are moneyline favorites (-171) for this matchup against the Tigers (+143), which begins at 6:10 PM ET on Tuesday at T-Mobile Park. Seattle’s Chris Flexen starts against Detroit’s Eduardo Rodriguez.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mariners vs. Tigers
- Game Day: Tuesday, October 4, 2022
- Game Time: 6:10 PM ET
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Stadium: T-Mobile Park
Mariners Stats & Trends
- The Mariners average 1.2 home runs per game to rank 10th in MLB action with 190 total home runs.
- The Mariners’ .229 batting average ranks 28th in the majors.
- The Mariners’ .313 on-base percentage ranks 16th in the league.
- The Mariners strike out 8.6 times per game to rank 17th in baseball.
- The Mariners average 1.2 homers per home game this season (90 total at home).
- The Mariners are slugging .376 with 2.6 extra-base hits per game in home contests.
- The club averages 7.0 hits per game and is batting .220 at home this season.
Mariners Key Batters
- Ty France leads Seattle in slugging percentage (.441) thanks to 48 extra-base hits.
- Among all qualified hitters in baseball, France ranks 32nd in batting average, 43rd in on-base percentage, and 56th in slugging.
- Julio Rodriguez has 142 hits and an OBP of .344, both of which lead the Mariners this season.
- Julio Rodriguez is 26th in batting average, 37th in on-base percentage and 15th in slugging among qualifying hitters.
- Julio Rodriguez has picked up a hit in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .412 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and two RBI.
- Eugenio Suarez is batting .235 with a .462 slugging percentage and 86 RBI this year.
- J.P. Crawford has been key for Seattle with 125 hits, an OBP of .341 plus a slugging percentage of .339.
Tigers Stats & Trends
- The Tigers rank last in Major League Baseball with just 106 home runs as a team.
- The Tigers have a team batting average of .231 this season, which ranks 25th among MLB teams.
- The Tigers are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking 29th with an OBP of .287.
- The Tigers rank 21st in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.7 whiffs per contest.
- They have averaged 0.7 home runs per game in their 78 road contests this season.
- They are slugging .346 in 78 road games this season.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .229 with 7.7 base hits per contest.
Tigers Key Batters
- Javier Baez has 131 hits with a .280 on-base percentage and a .397 slugging percentage, all club-highs for the Tigers.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the big leagues, Baez ranks 100th in batting average, 127th in on-base percentage and 95th in slugging percentage.
- Baez takes a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .250 with two home runs and five RBI.
- Harold Castro is batting .272 with 21 doubles, two triples, seven home runs and 17 walks.
- Jeimer Candelario is batting .211 with 19 doubles, two triples, 13 home runs and 28 walks.
- Jonathan Schoop is batting .203 with 23 doubles, a triple, 11 home runs and 19 walks.
Mariners vs. Tigers Probable Pitchers