Table of Contents
Luis Urias will try to notch his 100th hit of the season (he has 97) when the Milwaukee Brewers (86-75) take on the Arizona Diamondbacks (73-88) on Wednesday at 4:10 PM ET. The Brewers are favored (-178) over the Diamondbacks (+150). Corbin Burnes gets the starting nod for Milwaukee, and Merrill Kelly is Arizona’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Brewers vs. Diamondbacks
- Game Day: Wednesday, October 5, 2022
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- TV Channel: BSWI
- Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Stadium: American Family Field
Brewers Stats & Trends
- The Brewers rank third in MLB play with 218 home runs. They average 1.4 per game.
- The Brewers rank 21st in MLB with a .235 batting average.
- The Brewers are 12th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .316.
- The Brewers strike out 9.0 times per game, the fifth-worst average in baseball.
- The Brewers average 1.4 homers per game when playing at home this season (109 total in home outings).
- The Brewers are averaging 3.0 extra-base hits per game while slugging .412 at home.
- The club is batting .235 with 614 hits (7.7 per game) at home this season.
Brewers Key Batters
- Rowdy Tellez has 23 doubles, 34 home runs and 62 walks while hitting .219.
- Among qualifying hitters in the majors, Tellez ranks 122nd in batting average, 103rd in on-base percentage, and 40th in slugging.
- Willy Adames is batting .236 with 31 doubles, 31 home runs and 49 walks.
- Adames ranks 105th in batting average, 115th in on-base percentage and 39th in slugging among qualifying batters.
- Adames brings a two-game streak with at least one hit into this one. During his last five outings he is batting .167 with two RBI.
- Christian Yelich leads the Brewers with an OPS of .737. He has a slash line of .252/.354/.383 this season.
- Yelich enters this game with two games in a row with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is hitting .211 with two home runs, four walks and three RBI.
- Hunter Renfroe leads Milwaukee with 121 hits, batting .255 this season with 53 extra-base hits.
Diamondbacks Stats & Trends
- The Diamondbacks have hit 171 homers this season, which ranks 14th in the league.
- The Diamondbacks have a team batting average of just .230 this season, which ranks 26th among MLB teams.
- The Diamondbacks have an OBP of .304 this season, which ranks 23rd in MLB.
- The Diamondbacks rank 11th with an average of 8.3 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 1.3 home runs per game in their 80 road contests this season.
- In 80 road games this season, they’re slugging .395 with 241 hits going for extra bases.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .228 with 7.7 base hits per contest.
Diamondbacks Key Batters
- Christian Walker has put up a slugging percentage of .475 and has 138 hits, both team-best numbers for the Diamondbacks.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the majors, Walker’s batting average ranks 100th, his on-base percentage ranks 67th, and he is 25th in slugging.
- Daulton Varsho is hitting .237 with 23 doubles, three triples, 27 home runs and 46 walks.
- Varsho is currently 102nd in batting average, 105th in on-base percentage and 51st in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters.
- Josh Rojas has a team-best .347 on-base percentage.
- Jake McCarthy is hitting .287 with 16 doubles, three triples, eight home runs and 23 walks.
Brewers vs. Diamondbacks Probable Pitchers