Table of Contents
The New York Yankees (99-62) visit the Texas Rangers (67-94) at 4:05 PM ET on Wednesday in a matchup featuring two of MLB’s most consistent batters. Aaron Judge has a batting average of .311 (fifth in the majors) for the favored Yankees (-141), and Nate Lowe ranks 10th in MLB play batting .301 this season for the underdog Rangers (+120). Domingo German starts for New York, and Glenn Otto is Texas’ choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Yankees vs. Rangers
- Game Day: Wednesday, October 5, 2022
- Game Time: 4:05 PM ET
- TV Channel: BSSW
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Stadium: Globe Life Field
Yankees Stats & Trends
- The New York Yankees have hit a league-leading 253 home runs, averaging 1.6 per game.
- The Yankees have the 15th-ranked batting average in the majors (.241).
- The Yankees are fourth in the league with an on-base percentage of .325.
- The Yankees strike out 8.6 times per game to rank 18th in baseball.
- The Yankees average 1.5 home runs per road game this season (117 total away from home).
- The Yankees are averaging 3.0 extra-base hits per game while slugging .415 on the road.
- The club averages 8.4 hits per game and is batting .242 on the road this season.
Yankees Key Batters
- Judge leads New York with 177 hits and an OBP of .425, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .686.
- Among qualified batters in baseball, Judge’s batting average ranks fifth, his on-base percentage ranks first, and he is first in slugging.
- Judge will look for his fourth straight game with a hit in this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .188 with a home run, three walks and an RBI.
- Anthony Rizzo is hitting .225 with 21 doubles, a triple, 32 home runs and 57 walks.
- Rizzo’s batting average is 117th among qualified players, his on-base percentage 50th, and his slugging percentage 20th.
- Gleyber Torres has 134 hits this season and has a slash line of .255/.308/.447.
- DJ LeMahieu is batting .263 with a .360 OBP and 46 RBI for New York this season.
- LeMahieu enters this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .235 with two walks.
Rangers Stats & Trends
- The Rangers rank ninth in Major League Baseball with 196 home runs.
- The Rangers have a team batting average of .238 this season, which ranks 18th among MLB teams.
- The Rangers have the 25th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.300).
- The Rangers rank 25th with an average of 8.9 strikeouts per game.
- They’ve hit 99 homers, an average of 1.2 per game, in 80 home contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .401 in home games this season with 217 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 7.9 base hits per game and batting .240 as a team at home this season.
Rangers Key Batters
- Marcus Semien has 31 doubles, five triples, 26 home runs and 53 walks while hitting .248.
- Semien ranks 81st in batting average, 105th in on-base percentage and 62nd in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters in the majors.
- Corey Seager has 24 doubles, a triple, 33 home runs and 58 walks while batting .243.
- Including all qualified hitters, Seager’s batting average puts him 91st, his on-base percentage ranks 86th, and he is 45th in slugging.
- Adolis Garcia is hitting .250 with 33 doubles, five triples, 27 home runs and 40 walks.
- Lowe’s 178 hits, .356 on-base percentage and .492 slugging percentage are all team-highs.
Yankees vs. Rangers Probable Pitchers