Table of Contents
Mike Trout is just one home run away from hitting 40 on the season, and will try to reach that milestone when his Los Angeles Angels (73-88) visit the Oakland Athletics (59-102) at Oakland Coliseum on Wednesday, beginning at 4:00 PM ET. The Angels are favored (-251) in the contest against the Athletics (+204). Los Angeles’ Shohei Ohtani starts against Oakland’s Ken Waldichuk.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Angels vs. Athletics
- Game Day: Wednesday, October 5, 2022
- Game Time: 4:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: NBCS-CA
- Location: Oakland, California
- Stadium: Oakland Coliseum
Angels Stats & Trends
- The Angels rank 11th in baseball with 189 home runs. They average 1.2 per game.
- The Angels are 23rd in the majors with a .233 batting average.
- The Angels’ .297 on-base percentage is the fifth-worst in baseball.
- The Angels strike out 9.5 times per game, the worst average in baseball.
- The Angels average one homers per game when playing on the road this season (83 total in road outings).
- The Angels are averaging 2.6 extra-base hits per game while slugging .364 on the road.
- The club is batting .223 with 605 hits (7.6 per game) on the road this season.
Angels Key Batters
- Ohtani has 159 hits to go with a slugging percentage of .521, both of which are tops among Los Angeles hitters this season.
- Among the qualifying hitters in the majors, Ohtani’s batting average ranks 34th, his on-base percentage ranks 26th, and he is 10th in slugging.
- Trout is hitting .280 with 27 doubles, two triples, 39 home runs and 53 walks.
- Taylor Ward leads Los Angeles with an OBP of .362 this season while batting .283 with 60 walks and 73 runs scored.
- Luis Rengifo has 17 home runs, 52 RBI and a batting average of .266 this season.
Athletics Stats & Trends
- The Athletics rank 26th in Major League Baseball with just 136 home runs as a team.
- The Athletics have a team batting average of just .216 this season, which ranks last among MLB teams.
- The Athletics have an OBP of just .281 this season, which ranks last in MLB.
- The Athletics rank 17th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.6 whiffs per contest.
- In 80 games at home this season, they’ve hit 52 homers, an average of 0.7 per contest.
- In 80 home games this season, they’re slugging .326 with 189 hits going for extra bases.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .209 with 6.7 base hits per contest.
Athletics Key Batters
- Sean Murphy has accumulated an on-base percentage of .333 and a slugging percentage of .429. Both lead the Athletics.
- Including all qualified hitters, Murphy is 73rd in batting average, while his on-base percentage is 54th and he is 65th in slugging.
- Murphy takes a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .235 with two walks.
- Seth Brown paces his team with 115 hits.
- Brown is currently 113th in batting average, 101st in on-base percentage and 48th in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters.
- Tony Kemp has 24 doubles, two triples, seven home runs and 45 walks while hitting .235.
- Chad Pinder is batting .234 with 17 doubles, 12 home runs and 14 walks.
Angels vs. Athletics Probable Pitchers