Table of Contents
Jean Segura is just two hits away from his 100th of the season as his Philadelphia Phillies (87-74) ready for a matchup against the Houston Astros (105-56) on Wednesday at 4:10 PM ET. The Phillies are underdogs (+157) against the Astros (-186). Framber Valdez starts for Houston while Philadelphia will counter with Bailey Falter.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Astros vs. Phillies
- Game Day: Wednesday, October 5, 2022
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- TV Channel: SportsNet SW
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Stadium: Minute Maid Park
Astros Stats & Trends
- The Astros average 1.3 home runs per game to rank fourth in MLB action with 213 total home runs.
- The Astros’ .247 batting average ranks 12th in the majors.
- The Astros’ .318 on-base percentage ranks eighth-best in baseball.
- Astros hitters strike out 7.3 times per game, the second-lowest average in the league.
- The Astros average 1.4 homers per home game this season (115 total at home).
- The Astros are averaging 3.2 extra-base hits per game while slugging .446 at home.
- The club averages 8.2 hits per game and is batting .255 at home this season.
Astros Key Batters
- Yordan Alvarez has 142 hits and an OBP of .405, both of which rank first among Houston hitters this season.
- Among qualifying hitters, Alvarez is seventh in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks second, and he is second in slugging.
- Alvarez has hit safely in two straight games. In his last five games he is batting .316 with five doubles and a walk.
- Alex Bregman has 38 doubles, 23 home runs and 86 walks while hitting .259.
- Bregman ranks 64th in batting average, 20th in on-base percentage and 42nd in slugging among qualified hitters.
- Jose Altuve has hit 28 homers with a team-high .531 SLG this season.
- Kyle Tucker has 30 home runs, 107 RBI and a batting average of .258 this season.
Phillies Stats & Trends
- The Phillies rank sixth in Major League Baseball with 205 home runs.
- The Phillies have a team batting average of .253 this season, which ranks seventh among MLB teams.
- The Phillies have an on-base percentage of .317 this season, which ranks ninth in the league.
- The Phillies rank 13th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.4 whiffs per contest.
- They have averaged 1.2 home runs per game in their 80 road contests this season.
- In 80 road games this season, they’re slugging .405 with 232 hits going for extra bases.
- They are averaging 8.6 base hits per game and batting .247 on the road this season.
Phillies Key Batters
- Kyle Schwarber leads the Phillies with 126 hits.
- Including all qualified hitters in the big leagues, Schwarber ranks 122nd in batting average, 67th in on-base percentage and 13th in slugging percentage.
- Schwarber enters this game on a four-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .444 with a triple, four home runs, five walks and seven RBI.
- J.T. Realmuto has a .339 on-base percentage to lead his team.
- Including all qualified hitters, Realmuto ranks 34th in batting average, 47th in on-base percentage and 24th in slugging percentage.
- Rhys Hoskins has 33 doubles, two triples, 30 home runs and 72 walks while hitting .247.
- Alec Bohm paces his team with a .398 slugging percentage.
Astros vs. Phillies Probable Pitchers