Table of Contents
Jonathan Schoop has 97 hits this season, and will try to collect his 100th when the Detroit Tigers (65-95) play the Seattle Mariners (89-72) on Wednesday at 4:10 PM ET. The Tigers are the underdog (+185) in this contest against the Mariners (-225). Marco Gonzales starts for Seattle while Detroit will counter with Tyler Alexander.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mariners vs. Tigers
- Game Day: Wednesday, October 5, 2022
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- TV Channel: ROOT Sports NW
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Stadium: T-Mobile Park
Mariners Stats & Trends
- The Mariners average 1.2 home runs per game to rank 10th in MLB play with 194 total home runs.
- The Mariners have the fifth-worst batting average in the league (.230).
- The Mariners’ .315 on-base percentage ranks 14th in the league.
- The Mariners’ 8.6 strikeouts per game rank 20th in baseball.
- The Mariners average 1.2 homers per home game this season (94 total at home).
- The Mariners have a .380 slugging percentage and are averaging 2.6 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team averages 7.2 hits per game and is batting .224 at home this season.
Mariners Key Batters
- Ty France has an OPS of .782, fueled by an OBP of .341 and a team-best slugging percentage of .441 this season.
- Among qualified batters in baseball, France’s batting average ranks 31st, his on-base percentage ranks 44th, and he is 54th in slugging.
- Julio Rodriguez leads Seattle in total hits (143) this season while batting .281 with 54 extra-base hits.
- Rodriguez’s batting average ranks 27th among qualified players, his on-base percentage 39th, and his slugging percentage 15th.
- Rodriguez has picked up at least one hit in four straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .389 with two doubles and an RBI.
- Eugenio Suarez is batting .236 with a .459 slugging percentage and 87 RBI this year.
- Suarez takes a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .143 with two RBI.
- J.P. Crawford is batting .245 with a .342 OBP and 42 RBI for Seattle this season.
Tigers Stats & Trends
- The Tigers rank last in Major League Baseball with just 110 home runs as a team.
- The Tigers’ .231 batting average ranks 25th in the league this season.
- The Tigers have an on-base percentage of .287 this season, which ranks 29th in the league.
- The Tigers rank 21st with an average of 8.7 strikeouts per game.
- In 80 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 59 homers, an average of 0.7 per contest.
- They are slugging .349 in 80 road games this season.
- They are averaging 7.8 base hits per game and batting .229 on the road this season.
Tigers Key Batters
- Javier Baez has totaled 131 hits with a .278 on-base percentage and a .393 slugging percentage, all club-bests for the Tigers.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Baez is 102nd in batting average, while his on-base percentage is 128th and he is 100th in slugging.
- Harold Castro is hitting .271 with 21 doubles, two triples, seven home runs and 17 walks.
- Jeimer Candelario is hitting .214 with 19 doubles, two triples, 13 home runs and 28 walks.
- Schoop has 23 doubles, a triple, 11 home runs and 19 walks while hitting .203.
Mariners vs. Tigers Probable Pitchers