Table of Contents
The Los Angeles Dodgers host the San Diego Padres in the second game of the NLDS on Wednesday 8:37 PM ET at Dodger Stadium. The Dodgers have a 1-0 series lead. Los Angeles has Clayton Kershaw starting things off, while San Diego will send out Yu Darvish.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Dodgers vs. Padres
- Game Day: Wednesday, October 12, 2022
- Game Time: 8:37 PM ET
- TV Channel: Fox Sports 1
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Stadium: Dodger Stadium
Dodgers Stats & Trends
- The Dodgers are fifth-best in MLB play with 212 total home runs.
- The Dodgers’ .256 batting average is fourth-best in the majors.
- The Dodgers have a league-best .333 on-base percentage.
- The Dodgers strike out 8.5 times per game, the No. 15 average in the league.
- The Dodgers average 1.3 homers per game when playing at home this season (106 total in home outings).
- The Dodgers are slugging .454 with 3.5 extra-base hits per game in home contests.
- At home this season the team averages 8.6 hits per game and is batting .261.
Dodgers Key Batters
- Freddie Freeman leads Los Angeles in OBP (.404), slugging percentage (.508) and OPS (.912) this season.
- Among qualifying hitters in the majors, Freeman is second in batting average, third in on-base percentage, and 13th in slugging.
- Mookie Betts has 154 hits, which is tops among Los Angeles batters this season. He’s batting .269 with 78 extra-base hits.
- Among qualifiers, Betts ranks 44th in batting average, 44th in on-base percentage and fourth in slugging percentage.
- Trea Turner is batting .298 with a .466 slugging percentage and 100 RBI this year.
- Turner has recorded at least one base hit in two straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .278 with a double, two home runs, a walk and four RBI.
- Will Smith is batting .260 with a .343 OBP and 87 RBI for Los Angeles this season.
Padres Stats & Trends
- The Padres have hit 153 homers this season, which ranks 21st in the league.
- The Padres’ .241 batting average ranks 15th in the league this season.
- The Padres have an OBP of .318 this season, which ranks eighth in MLB.
- The Padres rank ninth in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.2 whiffs per contest.
- They have averaged 0.9 home runs per game in their 81 road contests this season.
- They are slugging .399 in 81 road games this season.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .251 with 8.8 base hits per contest.
Padres Key Batters
- Manny Machado has a slugging percentage of .531 and has 172 hits, both team-high marks for the Padres.
- Machado is 11th in batting average, 18th in on-base percentage and sixth in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters in the big leagues.
- Machado hopes to build on a two-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .286 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Juan Soto has a .401 on-base percentage to pace his team.
- Soto’s batting average ranks 89th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage is fifth, and he is 46th in slugging.
- Josh Bell is hitting .266 with 29 doubles, three triples, 17 home runs and 81 walks.
- Jake Cronenworth is hitting .240 with 31 doubles, four triples, 17 home runs and 70 walks.
Dodgers vs. Padres Probable Pitchers