Table of Contents
The New York Yankees are at home for Game 2 of the ALDS against the Cleveland Guardians on Thursday 7:37 PM ET at Yankee Stadium. The Yankees lead the series 1-0. New York’s Nestor Cortes and Cleveland’s Shane Bieber will start this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Yankees vs. Guardians
- Game Day: Thursday, October 13, 2022
- Game Time: 7:37 PM ET
- TV Channel: TBS
- Location: The Bronx, New York
- Stadium: Yankee Stadium
Yankees Stats & Trends
- The New York Yankees have hit a league-leading 254 home runs, averaging 1.6 per game.
- The Yankees’ .241 batting average ranks 15th in MLB.
- The Yankees are fifth in the league with a .324 on-base percentage.
- The Yankees strike out 8.6 times per game to rank 18th in baseball.
- The Yankees average 1.7 homers per home game this season (136 total at home).
- The Yankees are slugging .439 with 3.0 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club averages 7.8 hits per game and is batting .240 at home this season.
Yankees Key Batters
- Aaron Judge leads New York with 177 hits and an OBP of .425, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .686.
- Among qualified hitters in MLB, Judge is fifth in batting average, first in on-base percentage, and first in slugging.
- Anthony Rizzo is batting .224 with 21 doubles, a triple, 32 home runs and 58 walks.
- Rizzo is 116th in batting average, 49th in on-base percentage and 20th in slugging among qualified hitters.
- Gleyber Torres has collected 134 base hits, an OBP of .308 and a slugging percentage of .447 this season.
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa has been key for New York with 127 hits, an OBP of .316 plus a slugging percentage of .329.
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians’ 127 home runs rank 29th in MLB this season.
- The Guardians’ .253 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking seventh in MLB.
- The Guardians have an OBP of .316 this season, which ranks 11th in MLB.
- No team has fewer strikeouts this season than the Guardians, who have struck out only 6.9 times per game on average.
- In 81 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 77 homers, an average of 1.0 per contest.
- They are slugging .398 in 81 road games this season.
- They are averaging 9.0 base hits per game and batting .255 on the road this season.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez has accumulated 167 hits, a team-high for the Guardians.
- Including all qualified hitters, Ramirez ranks 29th in batting average, while his on-base percentage ranks 28th and he is 12th in slugging.
- Steven Kwan has a .373 on-base percentage to lead his team.
- Kwan’s batting average is 11th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage is 12th, and he is 91st in slugging.
- Amed Rosario has a .403 slugging percentage, which leads the Guardians.
- Andres Gimenez is batting .295 with 26 doubles, three triples, 17 home runs and 34 walks.
Yankees vs. Guardians Probable Pitchers