Table of Contents
The New York Yankees visit the Cleveland Guardians in Game 3 of the ALDS on Saturday 7:37 PM ET at Progressive Field. The series is tied 1-1. New York’s Luis Severino and Cleveland’s Triston McKenzie pitch first for their squads in this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Yankees vs. Guardians
- Game Day: Saturday, October 15, 2022
- Game Time: 7:37 PM ET
- TV Channel: TBS
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Stadium: Progressive Field
Yankees Stats & Trends
- The New York Yankees lead the league with 254 total home runs, averaging 1.6 per game.
- The Yankees’ .241 batting average ranks 15th in the majors.
- The Yankees are fifth in the league with a .324 on-base percentage.
- The Yankees strike out 8.6 times per game, the No. 18 mark in the league.
- The Yankees have hit 118 home runs away from home this season (1.5 per game).
- The Yankees have a .413 slugging percentage and are averaging three extra-base hits per game away from home.
- The club is batting .241 with 675 hits (8.3 per game) on the road this season.
Yankees Key Batters
- Aaron Judge leads New York in OBP (.425), slugging percentage (.686) and total hits (177) this season.
- Among qualified hitters in MLB, Judge’s batting average ranks fifth, his on-base percentage ranks first, and he is first in slugging.
- Anthony Rizzo is hitting .224 with 21 doubles, a triple, 32 home runs and 58 walks.
- Among all qualifying hitters, Rizzo is 116th in batting average, 49th in on-base percentage and 20th in slugging percentage.
- Rizzo brings a two-game streak with at least one hit into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .118 with a home run, three walks and two RBI.
- Gleyber Torres is batting .255 with a .447 slugging percentage and 76 RBI this year.
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa has four home runs, 48 RBI and a batting average of .263 this season.
- Kiner-Falefa has safely hit in two games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .267 with three walks.
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians rank 29th in Major League Baseball with just 127 home runs as a team.
- The Guardians’ .253 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking seventh in MLB.
- The Guardians have an on-base percentage of .316 this season, which ranks 11th in the league.
- The Guardians have the fewest strikeouts in MLB, whiffing only 6.9 times per game on average.
- They’ve hit 50 homers, an average of 0.6 per game, in 81 home contests this season.
- They are slugging .365 in 81 home games this season.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .252 with 8.4 base hits per contest.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez has accumulated 167 hits, a team-best for the Guardians.
- Ramirez is 29th in batting average, 28th in on-base percentage and 12th in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters in the majors.
- Ramirez enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .391 with three doubles, a home run, a walk and four RBI.
- Steven Kwan’s .373 OBP leads his team.
- Including all qualified players, Kwan’s batting average puts him 11th, his on-base percentage is 12th, and he is 91st in slugging.
- Amed Rosario has accumulated a slugging percentage of .403, a team-high for the Guardians.
- Andres Gimenez is hitting .295 with 26 doubles, three triples, 17 home runs and 34 walks.
Yankees vs. Guardians Probable Pitchers