Table of Contents
The New York Yankees host the Cleveland Guardians for a decisive Game 5 of the ALDS on Tuesday 4:07 PM ET at Yankee Stadium. The winner moves on to the ALCS. New York is expected to start Nestor Cortes, while Cleveland has not named a starter.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Yankees vs. Guardians
- Game Day: Tuesday, October 18, 2022
- Game Time: 4:07 PM ET
- TV Channel: TBS
- Location: The Bronx, New York
- Stadium: Yankee Stadium
Yankees Stats & Trends
- The New York Yankees average 1.6 home runs per game and have hit a league-leading 254 home runs in total.
- The Yankees are 15th in MLB with a .241 batting average.
- The Yankees are fifth in the league with a .324 on-base percentage.
- The Yankees’ 8.6 strikeouts per game rank 18th in baseball.
- The Yankees average 1.7 homers per game when playing at home this season (136 total in home contests).
- The Yankees have a .439 slugging percentage and are averaging three extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the club averages 7.8 hits per game and is batting .240.
Yankees Key Batters
- Aaron Judge leads New York in OBP (.425), slugging percentage (.686) and total hits (177) this season.
- Among qualified batters, Judge ranks fifth in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks first, and he is first in slugging.
- Judge hopes to build on a two-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .167 with two home runs, a walk and three RBI.
- Anthony Rizzo has 21 doubles, a triple, 32 home runs and 58 walks while hitting .224.
- Rizzo ranks 116th in batting average, 49th in on-base percentage and 20th in slugging among qualified hitters.
- Gleyber Torres is batting .255 with a .447 slugging percentage and 76 RBI this year.
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa has four home runs, 48 RBI and a batting average of .263 this season.
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians’ 127 home runs rank 29th in MLB this season.
- The Guardians have a team batting average of .253 this season, which ranks seventh among MLB teams.
- The Guardians have the 11th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.316).
- No team has fewer strikeouts this season than the Guardians, who have struck out only 6.9 times per game on average.
- They’ve hit 77 homers, an average of 1 per game, in 81 road contests this season.
- In 81 road games this season, they’re slugging .398 with 239 hits going for extra bases.
- They are averaging nine base hits per game and batting .255 on the road this season.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez leads the Guardians with 167 hits.
- Including all qualifying hitters in MLB, Ramirez ranks 29th in batting average, 28th in on-base percentage and 12th in slugging percentage.
- Ramirez takes a four-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .304 with two doubles, a walk and an RBI.
- Steven Kwan has a .373 on-base percentage to lead his team.
- Including all qualifying players, Kwan’s batting average puts him 11th, his on-base percentage ranks 12th, and he is 91st in slugging.
- Amed Rosario has accumulated a slugging percentage of .403, a team-best for the Guardians.
- Andres Gimenez is hitting .295 with 26 doubles, three triples, 17 home runs and 34 walks.
Yankees vs. Guardians Probable Pitchers