Table of Contents
Jean Segura has 98 hits this season, and will try to collect his 100th when his Philadelphia Phillies (87-75) square off against the San Diego Padres (89-73) on Sunday at 2:37 PM ET. The Phillies are favored (-141) over the Padres (+119). Philadelphia’s Zack Wheeler starts against San Diego’s Yu Darvish.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Phillies vs. Padres
- Game Day: Sunday, October 23, 2022
- Game Time: 2:37 PM ET
- TV Channel: Fox Sports 1
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Citizens Bank Park
Phillies Stats & Trends
- The Phillies average 1.3 home runs per game to rank sixth in MLB action with 205 total home runs.
- The Phillies have the ninth-best batting average in the majors (.252).
- The Phillies rank 11th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .316.
- The Phillies strike out 8.4 times per game to rank 13th in the league.
- The Phillies have hit 107 home runs at home this season (1.3 per game).
- The Phillies have a .440 slugging percentage and are averaging 3.1 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club averages 8.6 hits per game and is batting .259 at home this season.
Phillies Key Batters
- Kyle Schwarber has 126 hits, which is tops among Philadelphia hitters this season, while batting .218 with 70 extra-base hits.
- Among qualifying hitters in baseball, Schwarber ranks 121st in batting average, 69th in on-base percentage, and 15th in slugging.
- Schwarber will look for his third straight game with a hit in this contest. In his last five games he is batting .375 with three home runs, five walks and four RBI.
- J.T. Realmuto leads Philadelphia in OBP (.340) this season, fueled by 138 hits.
- Realmuto is 33rd in batting average, 43rd in on-base percentage and 25th in slugging among qualified batters.
- Rhys Hoskins has collected 145 base hits, an OBP of .332 and a slugging percentage of .462 this season.
- Alec Bohm leads Philadelphia in slugging percentage (.398) thanks to 40 extra-base hits.
Padres Stats & Trends
- The Padres’ 153 home runs rank 21st in Major League Baseball.
- The Padres rank 15th in MLB with a .241 team batting average.
- The Padres have an on-base percentage of .318 this season, which ranks eighth in the league.
- The Padres are one of the most disciplined teams at the plate this season, ranking ninth with an average of 8.2 strikeouts per game.
- In 81 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 76 homers, an average of 0.9 per contest.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .399 in away games this season with 257 extra-base hits.
- In 81 road games this season, they have a batting average of .251 while averaging 8.8 base hits per contest.
Padres Key Batters
- Manny Machado has racked up a team-high slugging percentage (.531) and leads the Padres in hits (172).
- Including all qualifying hitters in the big leagues, Machado’s batting average places him 10th, his on-base percentage is 17th, and he is sixth in slugging.
- Juan Soto paces his team with a .401 on-base percentage.
- Including all qualified hitters, Soto is 88th in batting average, fifth in on-base percentage and 46th in slugging percentage.
- Josh Bell is batting .266 with 29 doubles, three triples, 17 home runs and 81 walks.
- Jake Cronenworth has 31 doubles, four triples, 17 home runs and 70 walks while hitting .240.
Phillies vs. Padres Probable Pitchers